Parent confrontation = Grounded

The door swung open and I walked in. I shut the door, then heard my mom.

"Maddie? Is that you?" She called.

"Yeah!" I yelled, dropping my back pack next to the door. My house was nice. It was a regular house, with two stories and four bedrooms. Normal.

"Come here." She said, with a definite authority. Uh oh. That sounded bad. I headed to the kitchen, because she usually was there, drinking a glass of wine. I'm not trying to be sexist, but that is just where she usually is. And it was right before dinner.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to seem as innocent as possible.

"Where were you?" She demanded. Should I lie? Yes. Lying works. I got into the kitchen.

"I was at Emily's." I said. That was the first friend who came to mind.

"Really? Because your brother mentioned something about detention?" She pursed her lips. Ugh! Sam! I was going to kill him!

"Oh, yeah, that?" I tried to casually say.

"What did you do?" She demanded.

"I sort of tried to cheat on a test." I wrung my hands, suddenly freaking out. As mom always said, I have to show confidence to earn respect.

"What! Why would you do that!" She yelled. I flinched.

"I didn't know the answer! I was freaking out! I didn't want to fail!" I exclaimed.

"Why didn't you study?" She put her hands on her hips.

"I did! I just forgot it all when I got the test!" I yelled. I was starting to get angry.

''So! You don't use your phone!" She stopped yelling and took a deep breath. "Give me your phone." She held out her hand. I grumbled, and reached into my pocket. I pulled out my phone, and sort of slapped it into her hand. She gave me a warning glance, and I shot daggers back to her. She took the phone and put it on the counter. "You'll get it back when detention is over." She told me. She turned away and went back to whatever she had been doing before I got here. I flipped her off behind her back, and rolled my eyes. I started walking out of the kitchen when she said "You know, these windows are very reflective."

I halfway groaned and sighed as I walked out of the room. I went into the hallway and headed to the stairs. The four rooms were on the second floor. Next to the stairs was my moms room, then down the hall a little was Sam's room. Next to that was the bathroom, guest room, then my room at the very end. I walked into Sam's room, and saw that he was laying on his bed with his laptop.

"What the hell was that for!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"You ratted me out to mom!" I said impatiently. There's where his eyes met mine.

"You were going to have to tell her sometime. I made it easier for you." He said calmly. How could he be calm at a time like this!

"Ass." I hissed. I walked out of his room and went into mine. I pulled the blinds open, and saw that it was getting gray out. It looked like it was going to rain. The dim sunlight blinked on my vanity mirror. My room was average I guess.

My bed was tucked into the corner with my dresser opposite of it. My vanity was a little bit away from my bed, and my closet was next to it. Next to my dresser was a little sort of hangout place. There was a hammock that my dad had drilled into the ceiling. Ugh, dad. I missed him. I would never forget that day. Mom said he had to put a tarp down so nothing would fall on the floor and stain my carpet. My ceiling had been pink, and he didn't put a tarp down. So, he started drilling away, and the pink ceiling dust went all over my carpet.

He was so proud when it was finished, then he looked at the ground. There were pink piles of dust everywhere. We had cleaned it up before mom had come home, so it was "our little secret". I smiled and sat down in the old hammock. I swung a little, and then it started pouring.

I loved rain. I opened my windows, and listened to it. loved it because you could always rely on it. It was safe, it was sure, and it definitely couldn't die. I shut my door and did what I always do when it rains. I sat in my hammock and cried. I cried about everything that had happened to me. Dad, Blake, Carly. A lot of sadness. I guess I fell asleep, because that's the last thing I remember.

***AUTHOR NOTE ***

I LOVE WHEN YOU COMMENT! Seriously, it makes me smile. And the ONLY thing I love more than that is when you SHARE! my story!! So do one of the two things I love, and you will make me a very very very happy camper. ::))

Neverregret