XXXVII

"We said goodbye, that's what you told me once.
So many times we've made our peace.
Like a river always running, I keep losing you.
Like a fire always burning, I'll be here for you." - Sigma ft Birdy - Find me

.............................

Silence, again.

Pending, floating here and there but this time it was ringing with no emotion.

No fear, no angst, no anger, nothing. Everyone was knocked out on the blood stained floor, their chest rising in a calm and rhymic motion, reassuring Aurnia that she didn't kill them all.

Heavily breathing, she got back onto her feet and stared challengingly at Mortess who was grinning like a maniac at her.

"Ah, there you are! My moonstone." Mortess bellowed enthusiastically whilst taking calculative steps towards Aurnia.  "I'm not your moonstone; never was, never will be. Now get out before this gets too messy." Aurnia's gentle voice had turned thick and raspy, nearly animal-like. She watched the easy smile on Mortess slip into an ugly scowl.

Nearly as ugly as her aura.

"Don't tell me what to do weakling! I am a Lycan Demigod! Queen of the Underworld! And daughter of Goddess Diana-"

"-the very same daughter who tried to kill her mother! The very Queen of the Underworld who is up against an entity who has been specifically created to defeat her!" Aurnia cut in making Mortess' nostrils flare out in fury, but Aurnia didn't care.

If Mortess wanted a fight then a fight she shall get.

She allowed her beast to push through completely while she stayed at the back of her mind. A reverberating growl sliced through the quiet air and shook the chandeliers and glasses until they shattered into millions of tiny pieces.

"We are the Moonstone, we protect the creations of the gods against an outlaw, a traitor, a fellon like you. We are mated to Lycan Demigod Diavo and are the Queen of Light-beings. We were created by the Universe to expel a lowlife like you Mortess Alvena Presco! And we won't rest till your mere existence is extinct." Aurnia's body had started levitating off the ground, and was now high enough to be hovering over Mortess. Aurnia watched as the female slightly quivered in fear before she snarled and black viscous smoke covered her body completely.

"I'm going to kill you!" Mortess charged forward but Aurnia smirked and curved her attack effortlessly. "You can try."

Mortess lunged at Aurnia again but this time she called upon a black whip to trap the latter's body. Aurnia growled and burned the whip with her blue light, dissolving it instantly. She swung her fist onto Mortess' cheek then kicked her down with her foot sending her crashing down to the ground and landing with a harsh thud. Mortess' body caused a crater to form onto the marble floor but she just got up and shrugged it off even though blood was spilling from the corner of her lips.

Not missing a heartbeat, Aurnia stomped on her stomach - pushing her back to the ground - and pressed hard enough on Mortess' chest to cause one or two ribs to break. Mortess was visibly struggling for air and the pain from her broken ribs was etching onto her face.

"We told you we would kill you. Now say your last prayers which no one will even listen to before you vanish." Aurnia and her beast growled into Mortess' pained face. A bright ball of baby blue light formed in Aurnia's hand, brightening and getting larger by the second.