XXX

"You're so fucking precious,
When you smile.
Hit from the back and drive
You wild.
Thought I'd lose myself
In those eyes.
I just had to let you know
You're mine." - Bazzi - Mine

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■

His mouth extended into a wolfish smirk, revealing his pearly long canines.

My breathing accelerated considerably as I took a step back, the heel of my left foot bumped into a fallen tree trunk, sending me to the ground with a gentle thump. Bright blue orbs formed around me, getting brighter by the second.

They were combining to form some sort of barrier against this rabid animal - it consoled me in a way, whispering calming words that eventually dissolved my fear.

I grew more confident, they empowered me, like they were a part of me. Each one of them grew brighter and brighter, they were engulfing the sober atmosphere with warmth and light.

But this seemed to only annoy the wolf on a deeper level as he pounced on me-

Gasping awake, Aurnia reached for the closest object near her. A reflex action now familiar to her.

Looking for the light switch.

She needed to see the light, to feel its warmth right then. She was in full fledge panic when her hands were caught by another pair, restraining her frantic movements.

She growled lowly at whoever it was and kept struggling against him. She landed a kick right in the person's groin sending them tumbling on the other side of the bed, hissing in pain.

"A-Aurnia - ow - calm - dear goddess - down it's just me!" The very familiar voice of her mate startled her as she realised the gravity of her actions. Scrambling to switch on the light, she turned back to Othello finally being able to see.

He was curled up in foetal position, wincing and hissing under his breath.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" She crawled to him hugging him close to her, since it was the only way she could think of to soothe his pain.

"Where in the world did you get that strength from babe? That kick felt like bricks falling onto my dick!" He groaned holding onto his groin.

Aurnia started chuckling at his metaphor. He always knew how to bring a smile onto her lips, even in his darkest moments.

"Tell me what I can do to make it better," she whispered into his ear warmly. He shivered then turned to her - slightly wincing - he tried to grin but it came out more like a grimace than anything making her giggle again.

Othello had woken up from his slumber when he felt Aurnia thrashing about in her sleep. He was about to wake her up when she suddenly gasped awake, looking for something with her hands. Her heart rate was skyrocketing, sweat quickly forming on her forehead. She was at the edge of a panic attack.

He grabbed her hands, thinking that his touch would calm her down, alas his precious baby-making jewels had gotten quite a beating in the process.

"What happened?" He asked her after the pain had subsided into a dull uncomfortable numbness.

"Well, you scared the living daylights out of me so I had to defend myself." She gave him a pointed look.