VI

"Take a breath.
Take a long look around
Before you step.
Because the tide is coming,
Swallowing the ground.
And there's no way to tell
If we will drown tonight,
Or be found tonight." - Arrows To Athens - Used to be

.

......................................

At half past seven in the evening, Mr Stravos was clothed in his finest dark grey suit accessorise with a black bow tie and his black Italian dress shoes - polished to perfection.

He sat on one of the deep red Chesterfield sofas in the living room area of the hotel room, a few papers and documents sprawled out on the mahogany coffee table in front of him whilst he concentrated on one blue hard covered file in his hand.

Right in this moment, Mr Stravos was the epitome of businessman - serious, focused and professional.

Nothing near the University lecturer that I knew of; and now thinking of it - the fancy jet, the majestic hotel penthouse and then a diner at a five-star New York restaurant - it is laterally impossible that his lecturer income could give him the accessibility to all this luxury, no matter how long he has been doing this profession.

He must be working somewhere else, somewhere very high class and important, somewhere where he is the VIP - but it will be up to him to share this info with me I guess.

I approach quietly the strenuous man as he flips through a few unimportant pages, before settling for a page where he highlights a few sentences.

Alpha Johnson, from southern Nebraska Fire moon pack, request the rogue turning of a traitor pack member for reasons that he will be sending with his weekly report...

Alpha Gemini, from northern Arizona Earth moon pack, would like to hold a meeting to discuss the treaty between southern Utah Fire moon pack and hers about the expansion of their territory due to the mating of Alpha Gemini and Alpha Odecus...

"What are you reading?" He jumps slightly at my voice, swiftly shutting the file as he turns his head to look up at me.

"Oh, just some paperwork for...uhm...Uni." He stands up and walks around the couch to stand in front of me as his eyes sweep over my attire.

When I came out of the shower a beautiful black sleeveless dress was placed on the bed. Though when I finally put it on, the intricate details made me wonder how much money this cost and how I was going to repay him.