15

Phil was walking down the hallway at school. First hour had just begun and he's already fifteen minutes late. He turned the hall to the maths building and heard a loud banging from behind him.

He quickly whipped his head to see what it was, seeing two boys together. Both had brown hair. The smaller of the two was pressed against the lockers, the other holding his face as they kissed passionately.

Phil couldn't look away. The one against the lockers broke away, moving down to the other's neck, kissing him softly. The one receiving the kisses looks over at Phil, a smirk evident in his face.

Phil scrunched his eyebrows when seeing it was Bert. He grabbed the smaller by the hips and lifted him up. The other wrapped his legs around Bert's waist and three his head back as Berd kissed his neck.

Phil's eyes widened when seeing it was Dan.

Phil couldn't move from his position. He wanted to scream, to cry, to kick the shit out of Bertrand for stealing Dan.

That's his Dan.

"Dan..." Phil says.

A loud beeping awoke Phil, his eyes shooting open as he shot up in his bed. He felt around the mattress to make sure it was real life. Once he came back from his dream state, he shut off the alarm.

He saw it was 7 am and got out of bed. It was Saturday and he had work. Phil walked over to the restroom and took a quick shower. He used the same shampoo and body wash as Serenity, so he always smelt like milk and honey or rosemary and mint.

Once finished, he walked back to his room and got dressed, putting in his work shirt and a pair of jeans. Phil worked at a cool coffee shop uptown called "A-Okay Coffay". He went around to the cars in the drive thru taking orders.

It was a kind of cool place to work at. Everyone who worked there was young, funny, and attractive, almost like vanity was a main quality they all had to posses.

Phil never felt like he fit in there, butnhe doesn't really fit in anywhere, so he doesn't mind.

Phil continued to roll his sleeves, tuck his shirt into his jeans, and throw on his shoes. He left his room and saw Serenity and his mum at the table. Both had coffee in front of them, peacefully sitting in the silence.

"All right, I'm heading to work," he said, both looking up.

"Wait," Serenity says, getting out of her seat and walking over to her brother.

She pushed his wet hair up and out of his face until it kept it's shape. Once finished, she stepped back, smiling at Phil.

"Much better," she says.

"You're an idiot, Via." Phil laughs, shaking his head.

He walked towards the door, opening it when he heard Serenity tell him that he better not mess up his hair. Phil walked to the bus stop, checking the time it should arrive.

Once it did, he got on the bus and headed to work.

***

"Hey guys! What can I get you two today?" Phil asks, looking up from the tablet he had in his hands.

"Phil?" I didn't know you worked here?" Dan says, seeing his favorite pair of blue eyes.

"Um, yeah, I do," Phil laughs and rubs his neck. "I didn't know you come here?"

"You guys have better drinks here," Dan laughs.

Dan looks over at his friend, Zach who was in the car. Phil knew him; they have band together.

"Speaking of drinks, what can I get you guys?" Phil asks.

"Uh, can I get an electric berry blended with whipped cream?" Dan asks and Phil nods, typing it down on the tablet.

"And for you?"

"What do you recommend? I've never been here," Zach laughs nervously.

"Pink Zebra blended with the works. It's like strawberry milk with peach flavoring and whipped cream," Phil says.

Zach usually went into classes with some sweet drink from Starbucks or another coffee shop. Phil always noticed the little things, so he knew what to suggest.

"Sounds good, I'll try it," Zach says.

Phil nods and tells Dan to pull up to the window for the orders as he went on to the next customer.

He asked questions like "what song would describe you right now," or something simple like how their day was. Phil felt like a whole different person at work. People didn't know him, guys and girls complemented him on his looks, and he didn't have to worry about what people thought.

He could be the nice guy Dan believe he was.

Once Phil was done with the orders, he went back inside. It was already 3 p.m. and he has been working since nine. He was working a double that day, so he got ready to take his break. He went into the kitchen area, seeing Emilio had already made his usual drink.

It was the same one Dan had gotten. Phil smiled and thanked his co-worker before walking down the street to the McDonald's to grab lunch.

Once he got his food, he sat down and started eating. Phil finally checked his phone, going to his Snapchat.

He saw a video thay Dan posted on his story. It was him zooming in and out on Phil, and the caption said "look at my best friend working". Phil smiles and placed his phone down.

Phil knows he doesn't need people to like him, he just needs Dan, and he'll do anything to keep him in his life.

Heeeeyyyyyy. I'm back! Sort of a filler chapter, but I hope y'all enjoyed this!!

Please vote and comment!!

-Mia