12

"I'll see you at lunch," Phil smiles, holding Eric's hand.

The younger of the two blushes as Phil presses a sweet kiss to his forehead.

"Of course mon rayon de soliel," Eric mumbles, giving Phil a quick kiss before walking off to his first hour.

Phil stood for a while, a dopey smile on his face as he watches his boyfriend walk away. He sighs contently as he turns to his friend, grabbing a few things from his locker.

"You're happy," Dan chuckles, turning his head to look at Phil as he shut his locker.

"I am," Phil says, making Dan smile.

"Awe, well wipe that smile off your face, Lester, we have maths," Dan comments with a chuckle and Phil laughs lightly, shaking his head.

As the two were walking, Phil started thinking. Him and Eric have been dating for about three weeks now. Dan is really his only friend, so he's always with them, kind of third wheeling. He always said he never minds it, saying he'd rather see Phil happy than anything. But still, Phil can't help but constantly wonder if Dan is okay with it, because him and Eric are on better terms that him and Bert, but the past is still there. However, the two talk and make jokes together, Phil always watching in adoration when it's the three of them hanging out.

"Dan, are you okay with me dating Eric?" Phil speaks up before they walk into the class room.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Dan questions.

"Well, it's just that... he's Bert's little brother and I don't want it to be awkward for you," Phil says as they get to their seats.

"Phil, I have no problem with you two dating. You're your own person and you can date who you want to. You shouldn't have to worry about me. I promise," Dan assures, giving his friend a warm smile.

Phil just nodded and got his stuff out for class. He wasn't really paying attention to the work. Phil spent most of the class looking at his sheet music for band. He worked on memorizing the notes and keeping tempo in his mind as he lightly taps his knee. The bell soon rings and Phil carries on with his day, happily thinking about his boyfriend.

As the day went on, Phil paid little attention. When competition for marching season comes up, this is usually what he does. So he carried on through his day glaring at people who he thought looked annoying or were just causing the slightest inconveniences to his day. He will admit, he isn't as bad as he used to be, but people still see him as he was before, regardless of who he's friends with or dating.

It wasn't helping that the buzz around the school was him and Eric. Most upper class men know the beef between Phil and Bertrand, which left more confused as to why Phil is dating Eric, and why Bert hasn't said anything, but also others not caring since it isn't their business and they have too much school work going on to care.

As soon as lunch came, Phil grabbed his bag and made his way to the cafeteria. When he walked through the doors, he saw people staring at him. As typical as it is for the bad boy to not get noticed through out the school, this was not the case. All eyes were on him, including Dan and Eric's. He quickly walked to the table where his friend and boyfriend were sat.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" Phil mumbles, looking around.

"P-Phil, I am so sor-" Eric begins.

"Philip! So nice to see you," A familiar voice calls.

Phil shuts his eyes and turns around in his chair, staring at the brunette behind him.

"What the fuck do you want?" Phil seethes.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to know how you're treating my brother," Bert says, wrapping an arm around Eric, putting him and a loose head lock and giving him a noogie.