2

"Alright class, you all know what day it is," Mr. Clark says as he walks into the room. 

Phil was sat in his usual corner with one headphone in, nodding along as he listened to The Amity Affliction. He made sure it wasn't too loud because he was hoping he would get Dan as his partner. He always hopes that he does, but he never gets him and is always stuck with someone who is too scared to talk to him. The teacher started calling out names and some smiled, others groaned, and then he heard his name. In the blink of an eye with the syllables falling from Clark's lips, Phil believed there was a God. 

"Dan and Phil," Clark says and Phil smiles internally, but made it seem as though he didn't want to be there. 

As soon as the names were all called, Dan got up and made his way over to Phil and gave him a wide smile. He took the open seat next to Phil and set his bag on the back of his chair. Nothing was said between the two besides Dan saying hi and Phil nodding his head at him. 

"Okay, those of you who got a partner of the same sex get to choose who wears the moon bump. Girls in the hetero couples, you know what to do," The teacher says and goes to the back room to grab the bellies. 

"Whatcha listening to?" Dan asks, leaning closer to Phil.

"You wouldn't like it," Phil says and checks his phone to see "Free Fall" by Born of Osiris playing. 

"You'd be surprised," Dan smiles.

Phil grabbed his phone out of his pocket and shows it to Dan, who nods with a slight smile.

"I've never listened to them. Are they any good?" Dan asks and Phil scoffs slightly.

"One of the best deathcore bands there are." Phil says and stops when he sees Clark come back in.

"Maybe you can show me some songs?" Dan smiles and Phil shrugs. 

Clark passes out the bellies that already have some water in them, to which he explained he would be adding water daily for the next nine days to act as the nine months of growth. The two had decided that Dan would be the one to wear the belly. It was a mutual agreement, since Dan figured that Phil wouldn't want to wear it because of who he is. Phil was thankful under the surface. The bell rang and Phil got up quickly before Dan stopped him. He walked outside the classroom quickly and made his way to the gates. Just before he was free, as if God was trying to test him, Dan grabbed his wrist.

"So will we be working on this project outside of school?" Dan asks.

Phil thinks for a minute before nodding is head. Dan smiled at Phil and then walked away. Phil started walking home before he pulled out his phone and went to his contacts. He scrolled down to the number that was named "Mommy ❤". Phil smiled to himself before pressing call and letting it ring for a bit.

"Hello love," Phil's mum's voice rang though.

"Hi mum."

"How was school Philip?"

"It was good. Do you need anything while I'm still out?" Phil asks, pressing the phone against his shoulder to grab the grocery list his mom gave him before he had left for school. 

"Could bring me some carrots please? That would be lovely."

"Of course mum. I gotta go now. I'll see you when I get home." Phil says.

"Alright Phil. I love you."

"I love you too mum," Phil said before he hung up. 

Phil walked the opposite way from his house to the store and grabbed what he needed. He knew his mother loved when he made her baked goods, so he grabbed some chocolate chips and put them in his cart. As Phil was about to walk to the check out, his phone vibrated and he checked the notification from his sister.