3

I walked down the hall to my locker. I put in my combination, 0-21-19 I think to myself as I turn the little nob. I grab my English text book and check my fringe in the little mirror I have. Once I was satisfied with how it looked, I turned my head to put the book in my bag. Once finished, I shut the locker.

"Hiya," I cheery voice says, causing me to slightly jump.

"Fucking hell," I say, seeing the prettiest brown eyes ever.

"Well that's no way to talk to the father of your baby," Dan winks, making me blush slightly.

I look down and see he is in fact wearing the moon belly over his shirt. I laugh internally at how ridiculous he looks. Dan can sure as hell work it though. I bit the inside of my lip and looked back up at him, seeing a smirk on his lips.

"Checking me out, Lester?" Dan says cockily.

"Piss off," I say and walk away, feeling bad for saying that to him.

If it were anyone else, I would have happily said it and not felt anything when saying it. Or, at least, not as bad as I did towards Dan. When saying it to the boy I like, maybe even love, it hurts. I never want to make Dan feel bad, but I do have a "reputation".

"I'm sorry Dan," I say under my breath when I see him walking into the English classroom we share. 

Dan walks over and takes a seat next to me. I stay looking at my knuckles. They're a little cut from when I fought the school's jock earlier this week. I didn't get in trouble though. Just an ISS. He isn't even your stereotypical jock. In fact, he's Dan's boyfriend. He's also the school's wresting captain, but either way, you wouldn't exactly expect him to be gay. 

I hear Dan clearing his throat next to me and I look over, making sure to keep a rude expression on my face, much to my distaste.

"I'm sorry, if... if I offended you back there." Dan says and looks down at the belly.

"It's whatever," I shrug and try to pay attention to the lesson.

It was a little hard when Dan was next to me. His elbow would accidentally tap mine when he was writing since he's left handed. I never got mad, I would just let a little smile play on my lips as I continued my work.

I heard the bell ring and I threw my things in my bag. I walked out of the class and outside to when I usually sit during lunch. I find my tree and sit in front of it. It was a beautiful red oak tree that was slowly losing it's leaves as the weather grew colder. I too out a packet of crisps and started munching on those, drinking my RedBull. 

I scroll through my Instagram for a while, lightly laughing at a few things I saw and liking others. I saw a shadow from the corner of my eyes and sighed, looking up to see two people in front of me.

"Can I fucking help you Bertrand?" I ask.

"Can you tell me why I saw you talking to my boyfriend?" He asks, French accent thick.

"For your information, he talked to me about our project. Now piss off Poncet," I say and stand up to leave, not needing to get into another fight with one of the Poncet boys.

"Why I outta," He says and lunges towards me, but his brother Eric holds him back.

"You can't get in another fight. Remember what coach said?" Eric says firmly. He has always been the most reasonable of the two siblings. He was about a year younger that Bert, so he was a grade lower.

"Yeah." 

"Yeah, listen to your little brother Bert. Besides, we all know you're boning the drum line captain," I say and smirk at his face. 

I started walking away and I heard feet padding behind me. I turned around, slowly becoming furious with him. I caught his fist as soon as he let it go in a poor jab, not even keeping his arm straight. I twisted his elbow and bent it behind his back, pushing him towards the ground. I felt Eric push me to the side, making sure his older brother was okay. I saw him looking over at me, sadly almost. Maybe even longingly. I'm probably just imagining things, though.

Burt stood up and went to punch me again, Eric following, as usual. He did nothing though, as a hand grabbed his.

"Bertrand!" Dan yells, turning his boyfriend around.

"What? Babe, he was-" Bert started, fuming as Dan tried to calm him down.

"I don't care what he did, I only care why you reacted." Dan says, getting a little upset.

"He-" Bert goes to say, but I cut him off.

"He got pissed cause you talked to me. Have fun with your boyfriend," I said bitterly, grabbing my bag and trash and walked away.

I went to the nearest bin and threw away what I had. I checked the time on my phone and walked to my band class. I wanted to get there early, since it was one of the only classes I actually enjoyed.

"Phil, hello." Mr. Campos says when I close the door.

"Hey Jacob," I say and he laughs.

"You've been calling me that since you were eight. Will you ever leave my class?" He chuckles, making fun.

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe after I graduate. Probably not even then," I said and grabbed my case. 

I opened it as Campos put on some Smokey Robinson and other classic Doo Wop songs, as that's the genre we're focusing on this quarter. I cleaned my mouth piece to my trumpet and made sure I put oil in between the little buttons so they would move nicely, seeing as they would have gotten stiff with the cold air in the classroom. I put my case away and get to my seat.

I put the trumpet on the plastic chair and go to get a stand and my music folder from my bag.

"What's on your mind Philip?" Mr. Campos asks.

"Bert Poncet," I said a little bitterly.

"Ah. You two have had this feud going on for a while. Would you like to talk about it?" He asks. 

Campos was always the only teacher I could ever actually talk to. He even moved from the primary school to this secondary school just so he could keep teaching me. He was also very close to my family. Him and Mum were college buddies, so he was always over. Kinda like the dad I always wanted. He knew me so well and knew how I really was.

"He just got piss-" I said but Campos gave me a look, "Sorry, angry that I talked to his boyfriend Dan Howell, even though we're partners for the child development thing," I said and sighed. He also knew about how I liked Dan, which sucked because Mum told him everything.

"And he got mad at that? That's ridiculous," He says and shakes his head.

"You have no idea," I say before the bell rings. I take my seat and bring out the music we're practicing, before doing my c-major scale warm up.

Y'all I actually played trumpet I know what I'm talking about XD

Don't forget to comment and vote :)