10

Phil woke up to loud crying. His eyes shot open and he groaned, knowing it was the baby. Phil grabs it and tries to shush it so it doesn't wake up Serenity or Mum, which is inevitable. 

"Philip! Shut that damn thing up!" Serenity yells, banging on the wall. 

Phil grab the bottle, which didn't work. He grabbed a diaper and changed it quickly, the baby still crying. Tiredly, Phil grabs the bottle again and it finally stopped. The teen sighed and rubbed his eyes, sitting down on the bed and checked his phone. 

2:51 A.M. read the clock. Phil checked my notifications, only seeing some twitter notifications. He kept scrolling through his phone until Kendall made the sound, signalling she was done. Phil held her against his chest and burped her. He was fed up with all the ridiculous, fake baby stuff. He couldn't wait to get to Mr. Clark's class in a few hours, get his and Dan's score, and say goodbye to the monster. 

Phil put Kendall back on the chair she sleeps on and crawled back into bed when he was sure the thing wouldn't wake him up again. 

If felt like only five minutes later when Phil's alarm went off. The clock said 6:30 and he got up, taking care of the baby again and quickly jumping in the shower. Phil has never showered so fast in his life, but he didn't feel like having his mum yell at him again because of Kendall. 

He got dressed quickly, grabbing his bag and the carrier as he went down to the kitchen. 

"Is Dan coming to get you?" Phil's mum asks as she packs her lunch for work. 

"Yeah. I told him I don't feel like walking," Phil laughs. 

"How are things between you two? You don't gush about him as much anymore," She chuckles, zipping the bag and checking her phone for the time. She still had some time before she had to leave. 

"Oh, I'm trying to get over Dan," Phil casually replies, grabbing a banana from the bunch. 

"What? I thought you've liked him since you were little?" Ms. Lester asks, confused. 

"I have, I just thought it was time for a change. I don't even think he likes me like I like him. Besides, I'm kinda talking to this other guy," Phil said, hearing a car horn outside.

"Bye mum!" Phil said, rushing out with everything in his hands. 

Phil put the car seat in the back, buckling it up and jumping in Dan's car, literally. He caused the car to shake and it scared Dan. The two laughed and drove off to school. Phil made sure his hair was moderately okay, since it was still pretty wet. 

Dan thought while he was driving to school. Most of it was about the test he has to take a bunch of tests today, but some of it was about Phil. Like how he was happy that Phil was happy with Eric. He can't remember a time he's ever seen Phil talk with someone, both before he was his friend and after. Either way, the two pulled up to the student parking and got out, Dan taking he doll and Phil feeling relieved. 

***

"Okay class, you all know what today is," Mr. Clark says once the class settles down. 

Dan and Phil sat next to each other, their baby in front of them as Dan smiled. Phil was still negative about a lot of things at school. Some people were still staring at him like he was some creature from the great beyond, but Dan and Eric liked him and that's all he cared about. 

Eric.

God, Phil is so happy with him. They talked all weekend after their little dates. He loved how sweet he is and how he just gets Phil. He doesn't care if Phil isn't always smiling at school. Yes, Eric feels guilty, all the time when he's around Phil. He feels like he is part of the reason Phil is the way he is. His brother had said some fucked up stuff about him, which gave him the reputation he has now. 

Either way, Eric was surprised when Phil was able to put almost everything behind them. 

"Daniel and Philip, bring your baby up here." Clark says, checking their names off the list. 

The two walk up with their baby, Phil seeing the few kids looking at him. He scowled at them, looking at the teacher. 

"What did you name the baby?" He asks tiredly, nodding for the boys to go. 

"We named her Kendall," Dan smiles, handing the baby to his teacher. 

Clark quickly takes whatever he needs out of the baby to check how they handled it. It was a weird feeling for them. After being tortured for two weeks with the demon machine, they are finally getting rid of it. 

"Dan and Phil, over the course of two weeks, you only had twelve mishandles and got a 81 out of 100. Good job, boys." Clark said, his voice sounding impressed. 

The two nodded, Dan smiling and Phil giving him a high five once they got back to their seats. 

After class was over, the two walked out together. Phil went with Dan to his locker, watching the other get some things so he can do his homework. Phil waited patiently, scrolling through his Instagram feed and smiling when seeing a picture of Eric. He liked it quickly and went to his messages, seeing said boy texted him. 

"Hey cutie, wanna come to mine tonight? My brother won't be home ;)" 

Phil replied with a yes and quickly put his phone away, looking up at his friend. 

"Whatcha smiling about?" Dan chuckles, closing his locker. 

"Hm? Oh, nothing." Phil dismisses, much to Dan's dismay. 

"Okay, do you want to go get some food?" Dan offers and Phil smiles, nodding. 

The two get to Dan's car, both relieved that they don't have Kendall anymore. Dan would never admit it, but he misses the little thing. It was really like him and Phil had a real kid together. It was nice being so close to him, but he's also glad it's gone. It's kinda bittersweet. 

"What should we get?" Dan asks, turning into the mall parking lot. 

"Chinese?" Phil suggests and Dan smiled. 

"You know me too well my man." 

The two get out and go to the food court. Dan orders them food while Phil finds a seat for them. Once Dan finds where Phil is, the two sit and eat their orange chicken and beef and broccoli. Dan posts funny snaps of Phil with noodles spilling out of his mouth, making the other blush. 

It's times like these where Phil really wonders if he will be able to get over Dan.