Chapter 18

So, I promised I would update the next day, so here it is! We left off at that cliffhanger, let's see what happens after this.

Enjoy the read!

Vote, comment, fan!

My heart stopped. Zane? No, that can’t happen. He’s like a brother to me! No!

Drew’s arms grabbed me and I collapsed in them, suddenly unable to hold my weight.

“I’m sorry Ari, I’m really sorry. Don’t worry, we’ll get this son of a bitch. I promise.”

I could only nod, too shocked to believe what just happened.

This was because of me, all because of me. I was the one the rogue wanted. I was the one that should’ve been kidnapped, not Zane.

“I’m gonna go check the last place he was seen for a scent. Ari, go rest, you look tired. Don’t worry about Zane, we’ll find him,”

“I’ll go with you-“

“No!” his voice was firm, and aggressive. I shrunk back from him, his voice causing my body to cower in fear.

His eyes softened and he leaned in, encompassing my body with his arms.

“Arianna, I’m sorry. I know you want to help, but I can’t let you. It’s unsafe. Please, for me, just stay home,” he murmured against my head.

Little drops of tears slid down my cheeks, wetting his shirt. I nodded mutely, defeated.

“Be careful,” I whispered back, wrapping my arms around him tightly before pulling away and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

“I’ll be back soon,”

I watched him walk out the door, before slumping into a seat. All I could think about was Zane.

Yeah, we hadn’t been friends for long, but we were still friends. Remembering all those times when he hung out with me, making cookies and watching reruns on TV, I couldn’t help but smile a little. He’d been the only one that stuck by my side through all the times I’d been hurt. The little things he did for me, like promising to be a couple to make Drew jealous. I couldn’t let someone like him get hurt because of me. Deep down inside though, I knew he was gonna be okay, I just knew it.

But the pack wouldn’t be if I was here. It was all my fault that the rogue was after them. He wanted me, not them, but they were suffering his punishment. That fucking prick of a wolf was seriously gonna pay for hurting the ones I loved.

Somehow I had to fix this.

*********

The wind whipped around, rustling the branches high atop the trees. My breath was labored, panting heavily for gasps of air as I came to a stop. My feet ached and my skin bit against the harsh cold. Looking around me, the moon illuminated the darkened meadow.  A meadow once beautiful in the daylight looked haunting at dusk. My breathing hitched, staring into the shadows that the trees cast upon the tall grass. The frosty air swirled around, giving off its own warning to any trespassers. I squinted my eyes, looking at the darkness among the trees, as a large black wolf emerged, his blue-grey eyes staring at me. He came close, rubbing his fur against my legs. The warmth of his body helped the cold against my skin. His tail wrapped around my legs, pushing me towards him. Suddenly, he ran off, casting one last glance at me. I watched him go, yearning for him to come back.

“No, please,” I wept.

“Please don’t leave me Drew,”

“I’m sorry,” I fell to the ground, my sobs wracking my body in thrashes. I dropped my hands to the ground, when I felt something wet against the palms. Looking down at my hands, light from the milky white moon shining on them, I saw the drips of blood, running down my palms to my wrists, and slipping underneath my jacket. I stared, horrified. I looked down, noticing the blood was not only by me, but dripped in a line. My eyes followed the trail, and as I looked up, I saw Him, standing by the majestic black wolf. The wolf lay in the grass, blood oozing out of a large gash in his neck.

“No,” I whispered.

“NO!” I screamed.

He laughed, his smile taunting his handsome features.

“You shouldn’t have stayed Arianna. It’s all your fault.”

My eyes blurred his image in front of me, but his tauntingly sick smile stayed plastered in my mind.

Four little words still stuck in my head:

‘It’s all my fault,”

******************

My eyes snapped open, as I tried to calm my heart. What the hell had just happened?

My dream was so vivid, so sinister. I looked over to my left, seeing Drew’s sleeping form. His soft snore put a smile to my face. He looked so angelic, so innocent. A tear slid down my cheek, and I quickly wiped it away. He didn’t deserve this, he didn’t need me. I was just complicating things.

I had to do something. I had to find a way to keep this pack safe. I was luna and this pack’s responsibility would have to come first, even before my mate. As I looked across the room to the window, I caught a glimpse of the moon, bright and taunting. My breath froze and small Goosebumps rose on my arms. His howling cackle filled my thoughts, causing a slight tremor to go through me. I glanced at Drew again, before I slid back into the bed.

I’d made my decision. I was going to protect this pack no matter what, even if it meant leaving everything behind.

------------------------------------------------

Like? Dislike? What can I change? 

Please comment on what you guys thought of the kidnapping. Did I write it well enough?

Thanks so much you guys for reading this!

Thank you thank you thank you(:

xoxoxox

-soccerluv4<333333