Chapter 14

I know it's been a LONG time since I've uploaded, but I was having some major writer's block so I hope you guys like it! I'm open to any suggestions you may have, and if I do use them, I will mention you in the chapter, and dedicate it to you guys! 

Peace people! (:

Opening my eyes, I came face to face with Drew. His eyes were shining with amusement and happiness. That’s when all the past events flooded back into my brain. I’d finally done it. I finally confessed to my problems and mated Drew. My thoughts drifted to our kiss after the mating. I was so incredibly happy to finally be connected with Drew fully.

“Babe, I’m thinking about our kiss too,” Drew whispered into my ear, sending shivers of pleasure run through my body.

Wait, how did he know that? I thought.

“Ari, we mated yesterday. I marked you, and now I can read all your dirty little thoughts about me,” Drew wiggled his eyebrows at me and smirked. Pushing him playfully, I got up and stretched, my shirt rising up to expose my flat stomach. A groan echoed to my ears, which caused me to smirk.

“Like what you see?” I suggested. Woah, since when did I become so forward and flirty?

“Every damn inch babe, and don’t worry, you can flirt with me all you want,” Drew pushed himself off the bed and wrapped his arms around my waist. I snuggled my back into him, which ended up with him groaning again. I giggled quietly, before slipping out of his arms and running into the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My brown hair was still the usual brown, but it had more of a shine in it. My skin looked flush and healthy, and my eyes were glittering with happiness. In all my life, the only time I ever looked this happy was on my 10th birthday when my parents, Ethan, and I went to the amusement park. We’d laughed and rode tons of rides. Back then, everyone was happy. My mom and dad were completely in love, and our family was perfect. Just a year after, Sam was born, and our whole family was complete. I smiled at myself in the mirror, as a lone tear slid down my cheek. I wiped it away and smiled softly. Everything was done, everything was over now. Just because mom wasn’t here anymore didn’t mean I didn’t have love.

But something still nagged at my brain. Back in the accident, it was like my mom was expecting what had happened.

Flashback

“Mom, slow down! You’re driving too fast!” I yelled as I clutched the dashboard for dear life.

The highway trees and surrounding cars passed by in a blur as the speed limit on the car reached 100.

My eyes darted back and forth between my mom and the road. Even if I was only 14, I knew that driving on the highway at that speed was still really bad. My mom’s face was stricken with panic, while she kept throwing seemingly reassuring smiles to me. But something in my gut was telling me something was wrong.

All of a sudden, the car lurched forward. I reached out quickly, balancing myself against the dashboard. Looking over to my left, I saw my mom against the steering wheel, blood oozing from a gash on her forehead. Her eyes were closing, barely conscious.

“No, no, no. Mom, Mom please wake up!,” I pleaded, on the verge of tears. I tried to wake her up, until I realized we were slowing down. I grabbed a hold of the steering wheel, and tried turning it. All of a sudden, a blow from the left side sent my mom barreling into my arm. The force of the impact caused me to turn the steering wheel to the right. From then, everything seemed so surreal.

We began rolling down a large hill. Tumbling, and tumbling down. Glass shards from the windows pierced my skin, and loud crunches of metal greeted my ears. Almost like time in slow motion, I could see my mom being tossed around like a rag doll in the car. My eyes welled up with tears. We were going to die.