Chapter 15

So some steamy romance in this next chapter! Let's see what happens! (:

<3333333 

I scampered off the stairs as quietly and efficiently as I could. Somehow-maybe life decided that it liked me for once?-let me get away without warning anyone of my snooping.

Running down the hall to the vicinity of my room, I sat on my bed and dropped my head into my hands.

Just when I thought life couldn’t get any worse! I sighed, falling back onto my bed, still holding my head in my hands.

“Knock, knock,” Mel floated into the room, a bubbly smile on her face.

“So...how’s life?” she giggled again. I gave her a confused look, which probably made me look like a puppy tilting her head to the side, but I’m a werewolf, so don’t judge!

“Okay, spill. Even though you giggle like, A LOT, I know when you’ve got your ‘I’m totally and completely in love’ look. Better start explaining missy!” I scolded her, but a small smile tugged at my lips. It was like watching a toddler open the birthday gift they wanted: all twinkly eyed and grinning madly.

“Well-“ she drawled out. I gave her an over-exaggerated eye roll, but ushered her to continue.

“Jake and I-have officially mated!” she blushed, tilting her face away. My face broke out into a massive grin, as I hugged her tightly.

“Really? I’m so happy for you guys!” I grinned at her, “So, how was it, losing the v-card!?” I wiggled my eyebrows at her, which made her turn more red-if that was possible.

“Shut up, Ari!” she pushed me playfully, which made us both burst out into laughter. After wiping our tears away, we finally faced each other before laughing our asses off again.

“Okay, okay, we need to stop!” I said while wiping my eyes. “Mel, stop avoiding the subject. Really, how was it?”

“Jake was amazing! We stripped each other while making out-“

“Woah, woah, woah! I meant, how does it feel being fully mated with Jake?”

“Oh,” she replied, “well, it’s amazing. The bite mark itself felt surreal, but once we committed ourselves to one another, it was amazing. Now I can hear all his thoughts, and we share the same emotions. If I feel pain, so does he. If I feel happiness, so does he. It’s really...amazing” she stared off dreamily.

“Wow, me and drew can only read each other’s minds, that’s about it. But I do feel pretty connected with him,” I smiled.

“Just you wait,” she smirked at me “when you lose your virginity to him, then you’ll know what the true meaning of mates is!” I blushed, thinking of being that intimate with Drew.

“Hey baby, if you keep thinking those thoughts, I might not wait for your permission,” Drew said in my mind, causing me to jump 2 feet in the air.

Mel giggled, “Yeah, you better wanna block your dirty little thoughts or Drew won’t be able to contain himself,”

We ended up talking more about life, our mates, and just stuff in general. I was relieved that Mel never brought up anything about the abuse or the treatment of the pack. She always knew that sometimes not talking about it was the best therapy for me.

However, once she left, all the residing thoughts about what I heard came back with a force. How was I ever going to tell Drew this?

“Tell me what?” Drew stood at the doorway, arms crossed, with one eyebrow raised. Even standing like that, he looked sexy as hell.