Chapter 25

Hey guys! Another upload! This is a long one FILLED with important things, which is why it took me a bit to write and edit it.

A few important points:

-The book is almost done! I'm assuming maybe a few more chapters, and it'll be a close!

-I want comments on what you think of it! Is this good, bad? I've never really written a dramatic violent scene like this before, so i'd like to hear your thoughts on how I did! They're very much appreciated!(:

-Thank you all for sticking by this book! I hope you like it so far, and the ending will be near soon (I know, sad hehe) but I still hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Exhausted. That’s what Drew felt when he cracked his knuckles, his neck, and his back before getting up from his desk.

The entire day consisted of monitoring border patrols, checking security protocol, and dealing with alphas in neighboring territories of the danger lurking around.

He didn’t even have time to see his mate. A smile appeared on Drew’s face at the thought of snuggling against Ari as he slept.

Groaning slightly, Drew walked up the stairs, grateful to hear the silence of the pack house as everyone slept. He’d done his job, and he was ready to call it a night.

Stepping through the door of his room, he was surprised when it was found empty. He looked over to the bathroom, but it was empty also, as was the closets.

A strange feeling began to grow in his chest. Panic, he assumed, as he ran down the hallway to Ari’s best friend’s room.

Knocking loudly against the door, he waited for someone to open it, hoping Arianna was just spending some time with Melanie.

“Alpha?” A groggy looking Melanie answered.

“Melanie, have you seen Arianna?”

“What? No? Isn’t she in your room?” She seemed to wake up a little more at his question. Drew heard another pair of footsteps and soon Melanie’s mate showed up at the door as well.

“What’s wrong alpha?” Jake asked, rubbing his eyes.

“Arianna’s not here?” Drew questioned, hoping she was just somewhere in the house.

“No alpha. She’s been in your room all day,” he replied.

A sinking feeling grew in his gut, as his suspicions were confirmed.

“I need you guys to assemble everyone from the pack now! Get everyone in the main area and tell them it’s urgent!”

He left them abruptly, and raced down the stairs to his office.

Drew tried using his mindlink, but it seemed blocked, like something was preventing her from communicating.