Chapter 20

Another part! Yay! So I didn't leave you hanging on just a cliff hanger did I?
See, I'm not that mean.....(:

Enjoy the next chapter!

Video on the side kinda fits the whole situation....check it out! (She wolf by David Guetta ft. Sia)
Also, photo on the side is what Arianna's mom looked like....or looks like? Hmm......read to find out.

(And please vote, fan, and COMMENT!)

***********************************************

A huge lump formed in my throat as I withheld my tears. Just thinking about her opened old scars in my heart. Nobody knew that quote, except for my mom. Who else would? She said those words herself.Could it be true or was it a threat?

These thoughts continued to consume my brain. Even the slight possibility of my mom being alive crossed me.

Was it possible she was still alive?

No! That can’t be! I saw her die with my own two eyes!

“Arianna, Arianna!” Drew shouted, waking me up from my turmoil.

I looked over at him, shock still written over my face. Drew’s face visibly paled as he ran over to me and picked me up in his arms. The lump in my throat grew hard as the dam of tears broke and began to dribble out onto my face. Drew continued to hold me and pat the back of my head softly.

“Hey, shh, baby it’s alright. I’m here, I’m here sweetheart,” He whispered as I cried into his shoulder.

Was this some sick, twisted joke? Could someone pull such a nasty prank on me? Could it be...Him?!

Pulling away, I wiped my eyes quickly.

“Drew, that flower, my mom, words, she died, didn’t she? Oh god, is this true? What? I-wha..?” My shock was so bad I couldn’t even create a functionable sentence that Drew would understand.

The trackers around us looked at me worriedly. They continued to dart their eyes from me to Drew nervously.

“Baby, baby, tell me calmly. Do you know what this means?”

I nodded and wiped away a stray tear.

“This-this flower, I found it while I was playing outside with my mom. She told me it was my light. It was my strength. And that sentence was what she told me whenever I felt weak. She always told me that my strength was the light I shone against the dark,” I whispered, staring at the patch of dirt.

“Is your mother the only one that knows about this?” He asked me, as his eyes clouded with worry.

“Yes. She’s the only one. Nobody in my family knew. She told me the flower was our little secret,” I looked back at him as silent tears rolled down my cheeks.

“Drew...” my eyes widened in shock.

“I just had a dream about this. Just an hour ago!” I trembled slightly. Could that dream really have been a message? But from who? Could it be from my mom?

My head pounded, my legs felt weak as I collapsed onto Drew.

"This can't be happening,"

************

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Drew asked as I opened my eyes.

Looking around, I saw the familiar blue walls of our room. I nodded quietly, still shaken up about the flower.

Drew gave a deep sigh. His eyes looked apologetic as he got up from beside me.

“Arianna, I hate to do this. But now that we saw that flower by our borders, we have to increase the safety of the pack. I need to go work still, make sure everyone knows what they’re doing. I’m really sorry, but-“