Izumi's Return to the Hidden Leaf Village

Third POV

A familiar midnight blue-haired girl was just outside of the village hidden in the leaves. Her once long hair was cropped close to her scalp and her once bright, silver eyes were dull from the things she'd seen. She was harboring a new darkness that left her old home feeling like something that she would only bring harm to upon her return. Without a doubt she wouldn't even be there standing at the village gates had the Hokage not ordered her to return home. Didn't they see the danger she posed to the village? She had informed them of the events that had occurred, but still they insisted that she return home as soon as possible. They had told her that they needed her, and that Naruto Uzumaki was to be returning soon as well, so here she was after two and a half years, Izumi Senju was back in the leaf village.

. . .

"I missed this place!" Naruto declared glancing over the whole village from his high viewpoint, "It hasn't changed one bit!" he threw out his arms as if to make a point, "Eh?" he finally saw the stone faces of the hokage past and present, "Haha, so they've finally added Tsunade's ugly, old mug to the mountain!"

"You've grown a lot, haven't you... Naruto?" the blond teen quickly turned his head to meet with his silver-haired teacher who was sitting on a nearby roof reading a book, "Yo!" Kakashi sent his hand up in greeting.

"Kakashi Sensei!" Naruto's face lit up ecstatically as he bounded over to the jonin, "Haha, you haven't changed a bit!" he landed next to Kakashi surprisingly gracefully, "Wait, oh yeah!" his sensei looked at him curiously as he pulled something out of his pack, "I have a present for you..."

"Whaaat?!?" Kakashi gasped out seeming to glow as he stared at the object, "you... H-how... Th... This... Is..."

"That's right, it's the latest book in the Make out Paradise series after three years!" the younger male handed over the book to his teacher, "It's really boring, but you'll like it... I think!"

. . .

"Sakura?!?" Naruto questioned upon seeing his old pink-haired teammate.

"Eh, Naruto?!" Sakura pointed at the newly arrived blond male in near shock, "How do I look?" she inquired placing a finger to her cheek, "Do I look like more of a woman now...?"

"You look fine!" he grinned in response, "You haven't changed at all!!!"

"You still don't understand a woman's mind..." she groaned before making a quick observation, "You're taller than me now."

"Yeah..."

"So, Izumi is the only one missing now..." Kakashi noted as his two students continued reminiscing after being apart for so long, "She's supposed to get soon too, right?"

"I am." the voice was familiar, but the tone was cold, "I just got back." everyone turned to look at her seeming to almost wonder if this wasn't Izumi, but some foul-mooded look alike, "I said I would come back, and I did."

They all fell silent, "Right..." Tsunade interrupted the awkwardness, "The nostalgia ends here though. Kakashi."

The silver-haired jonin snapped his book closed before addressing his old students, "Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it." the three younger ninjas stared at him, "From now on, the three of you will come with me on team-related missions; however, it's different from before. It's no longer teacher and pupil, but rather, starting today, equals as leaf ninja."

Izumi's POV

We had gathered in a training field as Kakashi held out three bells, "Well, first I'm a bit curious to see how much you three have developed." he explained allowing the bells to jingle slightly in his grasp, "The rules are as follows: If you don't come at me with the intent to kill, then you will never succeed in getting the bells." the others seemed unsurprised by this, "Familiar, Sakura? Naruto?" figures... Must have been before I joined team seven. The bells jingled again as he strapped them to his waist, "There's three bells this time since we have Izumi here and your deadline is sunrise tomorrow."