chapter 27 •

Chapter twenty-seven: They can fight me!

I run down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Yes, mother?" I ask once I open up the door. She looks at me and smiles. Like a real smile.

I am so glad that things are fine. It was really awkward sometimes..

"The James' are coming over for dinner, so get dressed into something.. nice, please" She asks and I nod my head.

WAIT.

James'?

No fucking way.

Do I really have to face the loud, arrogant, conceited, man-whore, annoying, full of himself jerk again?

I can not believe this!

You know what? I am not going to dress 'nice' for this.

They can fight me!

I shake my head knowing they won't care and walk into Adam's room.

He is laying on his bed. He sees me and smiles. I smile back and lay on his bed.

"We are having dinner with our neighbors" I sigh and Adam perks up.

"Really!? I haven't seen them in a while. Grayson and I need to catch up!" He yells. God, why is he so abnormal? Who would ever want to catch up with Grayson?

"Whatever" I sigh and get up. Adam's face turns into a confused look.

"What's up?" He asks pain in his voice

"Nothing"

"Oh, thank god." I raise an eyebrow

"I thought I was going to have to have girl talk with you" he lets out a relived sigh. I roll my eyes and hit his shoulder.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Meh good enough" I look myself in the mirror and shrug. I am 100% not wearing anything nice: well my hair is semi nice. They are in two French braids, and I am wearing big black sweatpants and a large One direction band T-shirt. Yes, I do have a one direction T-shirt. They were my highlight of my tween years..

Suddenly there is a knock on my door and I yell come in. My mother walks in.

She was about to say something before she takes in my appearance. I put on a innocent smile.

"Yes?" I question and she snaps her eyes at me, thinking about what to say. I put this woman into a lot of awkward positions don't I?

"Uh- well- you look, uh, nice?" She complements and stares at me.

I really do guess she wants to start over..

"Thanks" I say and smile. She gladly returns it.

"Oh! Another family is going to have dinner with us. They are the Berry's They have a son in your grade. Maybe y'all will hit it off" my mother says and I raise an eyebrow. 'Hit it off'? No thanks.

"Yeah, okay, mom" I say sarcastically and laugh

"Can you help me set the table?"

"Yeah"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

ding dong!

"Okay, they are here!" My mother chirps. Wow. I have not seen her this happy ever since I came home..

"Yay" I hear adam mutter sarcastically. I turn to him, and he smiles cheekily at me. I roll my eyes.

"Where is Gus?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know, sum about not knowing what to wear" Adam says and I huff and walk towards his room.

I knock on the door.

Wait. Why am I knocking on his door? He is like 9. Does he knock on my door? No.

He yells a come in and i do.

"Woah" I say as I enter. There are clothes all over the floor.

"I don't know what to wear! Help me" he huffs and falls on the ground. I smile slightly at him.

"Stop smiling" he orders and my face just breaks into a grin.

"Stop!" He whines

"Okay, okay" I look down on his ground and pull a shirt from the ground. It is nice. It is a plain blue shirt with a collar and I start looking for shorts.

"Here" I give him the shirt and shorts. He examines it and nods.

"So why are you so worked up?" I ask and his cheeks turn a deep pink color. I raise an eyebrow.

"Did mom tell you that the Berry's are coming?" I nod.

"Well they have a daughter and she is so pretty" he sighs dreamily.

Oh

"Do you have a crush?" I taunt and he blushes again.

"N-no" he stutters and I smirk.

"Mmm-hmm" I hum and he pushes me out of the door. I start laughing hysterically.

He is so cute when he blushes!!

I run down the stairs ready to tell Adam about Gus's crush when I bump into someone. I was about to start apologizing before I looked up and saw him

No need to be cliche or anything.

I groan.