Shattered Dream

I tried my best to lift up my head, yet it felt like someone put tons of concrete on top of my head.

Added to that, the persistent throbbing of my head did not have any intention to stop.

My head was hurt like insane and all I could see was the unfamiliar spinning room.

“Argghh!!” Suddenly, a sharp pain stabbing my head with no mercy, I swore my brain was probably going to explode right there and right then.

Someone was ambushing inside the enormous room, it was my mother.

She paused by the door frame, looking at me with bulge eyes as if she was seeing a hideous ghost.

“Oh my god Lisa!” My mother sprinted toward me, attacking me with a tight hug.

“Are you alright honey? Marco! Marco called the doctor! Our daughter is finally awake!!” Shouted her toward the opening door.

“Thank you god, thank you...” My mother mumbled the words non-stop as she embracing me while rubbing my back.

My body felt so weak, even lifted up a finger was a difficult task, I could not return the hug.

Wait.

Why I could not feel my right leg??

“M..mom..” My voice was as rough as the surface of the road, and my lips were as dry as the desert.

“Yes honey...” My mother cupped my face, stroking my hair as she bored so deep into my eyes. While my father was busy on the phone.

“M-my right leg....I can't...feel it..” Her face dropped in a split second, instantaneously she pulled me in for a firm hug.

“Mom? W-why I can't feel right leg?? Mom??” It was difficult to lift up my hand, but I did.

The first thing that I noticed about my hand was, it was as thin as a stick.

Where did all my fat go?

Then the hand of my trailed down to my right leg, there was nothing under there except the thick duvet.

I clenched and unclenched the duvet.

“Mom?? Where is my leg?? I-it not there.” My lips were quivering as I felt warm tears began to gather in my eyes.

“It okay honey...everything is going to be fine.” The middle age woman whispered the soothing voice in my ear.

_____________________

Before me was a human size mirror, the lady in the mirror was in short spandex and a red sport bra.

Now, I appeared skinny with my rib bulged out from underneath my skin.

My hand traced the sharp jawline of mine, felt sharper under my touch when I tilted my head to the side or upside.

So this is how it feels to have a jawline?

The trace fell to my collarbone, then to my abdomen.

It was a hard rock against the tip of my fingers.

I stared to the person in the mirror, I have never seen her.

As if I was waking up in another body, my palms found its way to my sunken cheeks.

I look older.

My parents informed me that I was involved in a tragic accident.

I could not remember it at all.