Clues

Alec's POV

I am the biggest idiot in this world. I could've chosen any other move in this damn world and just as easily beaten that bastard. But no. I just had to choose that one. From the corner of my eyes, I saw a vampire who looked vaguely familiar. It looked like.....Vladmir? What the hell is he doing at this party?! As soon as that thought crossed my mind, he lunged at Jane and I jumped forward just in time. I kicked him back towards a wall and that was when everyone started screaming. Ugh. Stupid amateurs. He charged at me again and I kicked him across the face, then swept his feet from under. He stumbled and landed on his butt. Felix and Demetri quickly had him in a headlock and kneeling in front of Jane and the masters. I turned to walk out the door away from all the chaos. Jane's eyes were following me, but she had to stay to face the execution. Walking into the very familiar garden, I looked over the citizens on the balcony and took off my cloak, draping it on the bench. The wind was blowing softly, ruffling my hair back, somewhat taking me back in time. All the good times with Jane and the Volturi came back to me, bringing venom tears back into my head. Blinking them away, I looked up to the star filled night. I could faintly make out the face of my mom....watching over me with sympathetic eyes.

"Tell me what to do, mom. What am I supposed to say to her?" I whispered.

Jane's POV

Who is that man? He just saved my life and left? After executing the scoundrel, I excused myself and walked up to my room, looking over the balcony. My eyes drifted to a man, the same one that saved me. His cloak was draping on a bench and he was looking at the stars, talking to them about his mom, asking for her advice. Huh. Alec used to do that a lot when he was troubled. I wanted to see that stranger's face so badly but he was turned away from me. He slipped on a pair of black gloves and concentrated. Suddenly, a strange black mist flew over the balcony below me. What? Is Alec back? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me? I realized that the mist came from the stranger's hand. The mist suddenly retracted back into his hands and he collapsed onto the floor, dry sobbing.

"Jane.....I miss her so much. I don't know what to tell her. I'm not good enough for her. My little angel grew up. She doesn't need me anymore. But I still need her. So much." he whispered between sobs.

What?