Decisions

Alec's POV

The rest of the Cullen family piled into the room, obviously eavesdropping.

"You were going to propose to Jane?" asked Bella.

"Yeah." I said hoarsely.

"Wow." said Jasper.

I nodded and buried my head in my hands. The door swung open and the pixie hopped in.

"We got an invitation to go to the Volturi castle for Jane's birthday tomorrow!" squealed Alice.

Birthday. I haven't heard that word for such a long time.

"Oh Alec....do you want to go with us?" asked the pixie.

I nodded. Why not? I could see Jane again. She just won't know that it's me. Maybe she'll be happy with another guy. 

"Do you have anything to wear?" asked Rosalie.

I nodded. I did still have the Volturi's endless money credit card. Never tossed it. Why would I?

"Good. Now let's get moving. Our plane is leaving in two hours." said Alice.

I ran to a tux shop and bought a suit. Many girls were trying to seduce me, failing miserably. Making my way to the airport, I thought about what I would say if Jane did recognize me. Nice to see you again? No. Hello? Nope. Ugh. I'll figure it out when I get there. The plane ride to Volterra was silent, no one spoke. When we finally reached there, the ball was going to start in an hour. Alice was busy getting everyone ready and I was just slipping into my suit. As they walked into my old home, I hesitated at the door. Was I really ready to go back? Face everyone?