Ball

"Let the ball begin!" exclaimed Aro, happy with his beloved children.

Jane and Alec took their place next to their father and uncles, staring at the dancing vampires. After a while, the three masters walked down to join the party, leaving Jane and Alec sitting there alone, watching as everything took place. A vampire was staring at Jane intently, as if trying to make something out of her. Alec growled when he saw him. Then everything happened in a blur, The vampire attacked Alec and punched him in the face, pinning him against the wall. Jane tried to use her gift, but it was to no avail since the vampire was a mental shield, like Bella. 

"Nobody move! Anyone takes a step, the prince gets his head torn off." he hissed.

"Let my son go!" hissed Aro.

"No." retorted the vampire.

"What do you want?!" hissed Caius.

"I want you to surrender your leadership to me." said the vampire.

"Don't do it!" screamed Alec.

Aro looked at his brothers with worry crossing his face. The vampire was smirking at how pathetic the three leaders looked. Using this chance, Alec kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying and and into the swarm of guards who immediately seized him. Jane helped her brother up and glared daggers at the vampire. Aro hissed and backhanded him, reading his thoughts at the same time.

"Kill him." he hissed to the guards, who ripped off his head.

Aro ran to his son and brought him to a room. Alec was hissing from the pain in his leg. After Aro left, Jane started rubbing Alec's arm.

"You'll be ok. I'm right here love. I'm right here."