Rebreak

When the person you love is in pain, you feel it...ten times stronger. It's like a string. One end goes down, it drags the other with it. Jane looked at her brother, her heart shattering as Alec tried to walk once again, hissing in pain with every step. Felix was doing his best in helping him but it doesn't seem to be working. Screaming, Alec dropped onto the bed, his face scrunching up on pain.

"Looks like he will stay like that forever." Sighed Aro, troubled that his highest ranking guard might be disabled forever.

"But won't his body heal him?" Jane asked.

"The bones healed in the wrong way. So we either have to break them again, which would cause Alec great pain, greater than the transformation, or we leave him disabled." Sighed Aro.

"R-re-break his legs?" Gasped Jane.

Aro nodded, turning around.

"Wait..." Gasped Alec, still in pain.

"Yes my boy?" Asked Aro.

"Re-break them. I can take the pain." He said.

Jane looked at her brother terrified.

"No! He'll faint from the pain!" Argued Jane.

"I don't want to be disabled forever. A couple days of pain is nothing." Argued Alec.

Aro sighed and nodded to Felix who took his legs and got ready to break them. Jane ran out, unable to see her brother it pain. A scream suddenly erupted throughout the castle, making Jane fall on the floor and cover her ears. Another scream followed, this one louder than the first. Then, everything became quite. Jane slowly made her way back to the room and saw Alec panting in pain.

"J-Jane." He gasped.

"Alec sweetie. I'm so sorry." Jane whispered, taking his hand and rubbing his face.

"T-that wasn't too bad." Said Alec.

"Don't lie to me. I know that must have been terrible." Said Jane.

"I think why pained me wasn't the resetting of the bones. It was that fact that you weren't here with me."

Silence followed.