Chapter 1: A hope emerges

The boy lay still on the ground in the ruin but slowly began to stir "oh...where am I? What is this...place?" the first thing he saw was a night sky through a hole in the ceiling. "well...all I see is stone, damp and weeds" The boy looked at his appearance, he wore simple trousers, a beige shirt and a single armlet that mainly covered his wrist, noticeably in the wristplate was an oval shaped orb of some sort. "What is this thing...some kind of jewel. Weird...it seems glued to my skin. Well...whatever this is...there's nothing else here...might as well move on"

He went through the tunnel and some way along the tunnel came to a dome shaped cavern "Right, What have we got. More stone, damp and weeds although...I guess for these guys though...it was their resting place" many skeletons were scattered all over the floor along with many weapons. "well...whatever it is that killed them...I'd rather not follow their example so let's see what I can find. First a book...it feels powerful enough but...I wish I knew what the writing meant. So next we have a spear...it looks old and let's just pick up...and it broke into quarters"

The boy saw another weapon "Third we have an...axe...ung...ung...this thing is pretty much...stuck and lastly we have a sword. It old, cracked and rusty but at least it didn't break apart...I guess it'll have to do" he sheathed his sword in his belt "So nothing new except...that basin" there was a basin in the middle with what looked like clear water. He stepped over , and thinking it looked safe, cupped his hands and drank it. He quickly saw his facial appearance. He didn't have any features like scars or birthmarks, instead was just blue eyes and orange hair. "well...I'm armed and refreshed. Time, to move on" He wandered down the tunnel at the opposite "where am I anyway? And how come I don't remember anything"

The boy's mind was a jumble, he could recall anything before he woke up but before he could even think a sound interrupted his "what's that sound...it sounds like metal clashing" as he followed the tunnel he came to another room The room he was in was tall but more lit up, he was the top of a large staircase with the sounds he had heard coming from the bottom.  "the sounds are becoming louder...it sounds more like two people fighting. I'll just look round" 

He crept to the edge, peeked around the corner and saw that the hallway was covering In debris as large holes lay peppered on the roof while at the end at a T-junction two fighters (only their general shapes being visible) were fighting one another "I can't quite see them...I'll have to get a closer look" using the debris as cover he managed to see the two combatant

The larger of the two was a fairly tall but muscular man with short dirty brown hair (almost bald). He wore small trousers  with black shoes and a jacket which barely covered his body to show off his large muscle while wielding a large metal spear which was sharp at both ends.

 The second fighter was much shorter and slender in the form of a late teenage girl. Although the same height as the boy the second was only chest high as the man fighter, he noticed that the second was a girl. The girl had shoulder length blue hair and wore a padded red tunic, brown leggings and long white gloves. She used a silver sword against her opponent but her sword barely scratched him.

The boy watched curiously  "I wonder what those two are fighting over. The big guy is definitely winning. He may be slow but with every swing he's making holes and gales of wind while the girl although nimble...is barely making a scratch. Hey...I think their talking" he listened more carefully and heard their voices