Chapter 15

I let my fingertips lightly run over Aria's chest as he sleeps peacefully underneath me. I had woken up about 30 minutes ago and immediately went to check on Kai, who was still passed out. His sleep schedule would be absolutely fucked after today, but I knew we could easily wear him out by playing with him once my parents, Kadri, and Ximena all get here. I wasn't too worried about it. After checking on my son, I came back in here since Aria was still passed out as well, so I just got back in bed and cuddled with him while I thought about everything.

I'm not going to lie, I was completely stressed at this point. I mean, Beckett knew where I lived, which meant that Amelia knew where I lived and I truly didn't think it would be good if I saw her. Even if it's been a little over three years since the sexual assault, to this day, it was still affecting me. I couldn't have anyone put too much pressure on my chest, I hate constriction on my ankles and wrists, and I still can't drink excessively due to it. Hell, I can't even wear a bracelet tightly without freaking out. So I knew that seeing the woman, the woman that caused all this torment, would be catastrophic but I had a feeling that I would have to see her soon.

I don't know what would happen if that ever did happen. Would I freak out? Would I block out all my emotions? Would I go numb? I had no idea. I had never been through something like this before and now, it was like all of it was coming back at once. It was like a tsunami had just come into his life and crashed all over my happiness. I didn't know what to do or how to handle it or how to-

I shoot up in bed, feeling my chest starting to get very heavy and my breathing becoming rapid. I shake my head a bit to try and rid myself of all those thoughts. I can't let Amelia affect me like this, especially since Kai needs me. He's probably terrified now, even if he wasn't acting like it. I need to stay strong for him, for me. Nothing good would come out of freaking out, especially now.

"Hey, you okay?" Aria asks me in a tired tone before I feel him moving beside me. He comes into view with a soft smile on his face while his hand starts to rub up-and-down my naked back. I put on a smile for him and nod my head.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I whisper and he seems to believe me because he settles his head on my shoulder. I was glad because I didn't want to talk about what I was thinking about now. I just wanted the rest of the day to pass by without anything bad happening. I'm taken out of my thoughts by Aria reaching over and grabbing my hand, distracting me when I see his tattoo that I hadn't really had a chance to look at ever since I saw it in the bar for the first time. I grab his hand lightly, bringing it up to my face to examine it.

It was of a very detailed, well-done star in the middle of his left wrist. He told me he had gotten it a year ago with Arabella, so it didn't look new or anything, but it did look really cool. I feel Aria kiss my naked shoulder before setting his head on it again. "You like it?"

"Yeah, I do," I tell him, turning my head to look at him the best I could. He smiles at me before picking his head up and pressing his lips against mine. I allow the kiss to distract me from all the bad thoughts going on in my head. His lips were soft but also rough at the same time, making me know that he was dominant at times, but also submissive at others.

He was like the perfect balance of masculine and feminine and it surprised me that I was so attracted to him. I usually went for very submissive guys, but him? He definitely wasn't just submissive, but I was still insanely attracted to him and his personality.

"Is Kai still asleep?" He whispers to me before moving his lips down to my neck, kissing the sensitive skin there. I tilt my head to him, giving him more access while his other hand slid between my thighs to move towards my groin. I shiver at the feeling of his fingertips dancing across my skin and he chuckles at that before continuing to bite lightly at my neck.