100

We head back to McKinley to remember just how much it meant to us since the club was being shut down after the glee clubs loss at nationals... Jesse drops me off at McKinley and I say hi to everyone. I jump, squealing as Noah spins us around. I miss him, I haven't had a chance to talk to him in awhile with him being in the air force and everything. I caught up with everyone that I missed dearly. I noticed both Rachel and Mercedes were feeling diva-ish today. I could see it in their eyes that they were trying to one up each other. The last seat left was what people in glee called 'the Rachel chair'. Both Mercedes and Rachel looked at it and went for it. Rachel sat down, just a little bit quicker than Mercedes. I myself sat next to Noah and now Mercedes.

"Greet each other." Kurt hisses.

"Hello, Rachel. I am so happy to hear about all of your success." Mercedes says stiffly.

"Oh, thank you so Mercedes and you are looking well." Rachel compliments politely.

"Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll make my way to the back of the bus." Mercedes says, walking up to sit next to me. Mr. Shue writes 100 on the board.

"100 lessons." Mr. Shue starts.

"Hey, can I get Finns plaque when we clear this place out?" Noah asks.

"No, the plaque stays here. Lillian and Finn belong here at McKinley... it means so much to me that so many of you came back on such short notice to celebrate the past few years. To sit in this room one last time and sing. Your assignment is to sing one of the songs we sang in here, but reinvent it in some way. Way back in the old days when I started the glee club, I would give an assignment and I would... I would give a little demonstration of what I was looking for." Mr. Shue instructs. We all cheer.

"See, you all cheer now, but just wait till he starts rapping." Santana says. I cheer louder.

"Okay, no hip-hop today, Santana. However, I have asked a very special person to come join me. You know, it seemed appropriate since her contributions helped save the glee club, or at least the auditorium way back when. Please welcome, all the way from broadway, Miss April Rhodes!" Mr. Shue introduces.

"Hey, y'all!" She yells opening the day. I immediately stand, clapping and cheering and soon everyone follows.

We all gather around the piano while April tells stories.

"So, Mr. Moneybags says to me, he says, April Rhodes, you sing like an angel and make love like a tiger. But the old ball and chains got your number. So I'm afraid I gots to set you loose. So, you know what he did? He bought me an island! [she laughs] that's right! I own my own island in the Caribbean called Santana abrilrodeo, it's not war-town or filled with landslides or got destitute locals in it. Just me and my manservant Kadeem. With long, sensuous nights full of home-brewed poi and intimate massage..." April's tells us, myself laughing through the story while everyone else is in shock or disbelief.

"Okay, thank you, April, for that... wonderful lesson in female empowerment." Mr. Shue interrupts.

"Amen!" April yells.

"Amen. But... why are we all holding these champagne flutes?" Artie asks.

"'Cause we are about to pop the cork with some bubbly. But don't worry, this Spumante is virgin. Probably like you will be for a long time. [she points at Unique, laughing] Anyways... will and I want you to raise your glass to celebrate the glee club by singing hands down the best song new directions eve did." April says.

"Wait a second, the new directions never sang 'raise your glass' the warblers did that." Blaine corrected.

"I was wondering why it didn't annoy me every time I heard it in my head. I always have had a soft spot in my heart for you prep school boys. Honk! [she squeezes Blaine's nose] hit it, boys." April says and 'raise your glass' starts.