Still Friends

The summer was magical. I spent some of my days hanging out with some of my friends from the glee club, but most of my summer was spending my remaining days with Jesse until he left for college. He was moving to LA and I knew he was going to be big.

The day finally came. Boxes in his families car and a moving van closely behind his. His parents already waiting for him in the car. Jesse grabs my hands and pulls me close. He gives me one last deep and meaningful kiss, filled with so much love I almost couldn't take it. He pulls away, only an inch.

"I hate that I have to leave you. I hate that we have to break up. Why would you break up with me?" Jesse whines. I chuckle and peck his lips.

"Because you need to experience college." I say. He pouts and winds his arms around my waist.

"Plus. Long distance never works." I add. Jesse merely berries his face in my neck and I hand my arms around his neck hugging him tight.

"I'll always love you. You know that right?" He asks, the sound muffled by my neck. He steps away to hear my answer. I nod and bring my hand to his cheek.

"I know." I murmur. He smiles and steps further back.

"Don't forget to text. Call. For advice or whatever you need." Jesse shouts as he steps further back and into the car. I laugh.

"We're still friends you know." I tell him. He smiles as his dad starts the car.

"I know." He says as they drive off.