Chapter 24

(Renesmee)

I let Jacob drive me home. My happiness with myself is almost selfish, but I let myself be happy. I certainly deserve it. I had done it. I had finally surpassed Amber, the 'Queen Bee'. "So are you going to tell me why you are so happy?" Jacob was only watching from far away. "You remember Amber, right?" I shrugged my shoulders up. "Unfortunately..." He sighs. I can't help but chuckle at his snide remark. "Well, the judges liked me so much that they are going to make me co-captain with Amber. My plan is almost sinister. Would you like to hear it?" I ask with a long smile. He nods and sits back a little in his chair at the stop sign. "Emory, Dez, and I plan to work from the inside out to make everyone see that she is just a pretty, butt-faced, eyelash fluttering bitc---" I was being interrupted by Jacob. "I get it!" Jacob laughs. It feels nice to laugh again.

"Yeah, it does." Jacob holds my hand as he drives me through the bush to our house. I was so caught up in laughing that I didn't realize he had read my mind. "Jacob..." I am befuddled. "Did you just read my mind?" My eyes are plastered open in amazement. "Did you say that aloud?" Jacob is just as confused as I am.

"No, I didn't say that it feels nice to laugh aloud. Did hear my thoughts Jacob?" I wonder if he did hear my thoughts. No, No, he isn't supposed to be able to do that. Wiggly doughnuts!

"Wiggly doughnuts?" Jacob asks.

"You can read my thoughts!" I exclaim.

Wow, did Jacob turn even more supernatural overnight?

"No I don't think so." UGH! STOP DOING THAT!

"Ok, Ok!" He responds, too confused to laugh. He is almost frowning.

The clouds above the covered car turn grey and purple and the rain starts to pound faster and faster on the ceiling of my car. It makes me think harder, I don't know why.

If Jacob is going through the mating stages, our bond might be becoming stronger. I am more tempting to him, so that might mean that he is closer to me than he ever has been before. Therefore, he has the ability to read my mind.

"That is what I was thinking." Jacob says pulling into our driveway. "We can't take this any further. I can't even be close to you without the pull. I don't want to be away from you, but if it is to protect you... Then that is what I need to do." I don't understand. We pull our car doors back and get out of the vehicle. "Jacob I--" He cuts in. "I can't do this. I will come back when I am under control." I sense his longing. The rain pounds harder and faster, now beating down on my shoulders. "Come back from where?" Tears swell in the corner of my eyes. "Jacob--" They run down my cheek. He grabs my arm tightly and pushes me back. "Oww, Jake, you're hurting me." I wince in pain. "I am so sorry Renesmee." His grip falls from my wrist. I stare down at the swollen red marks on my arm. I blink, and he is gone.

I make my way aimlessly into the main house, blinded by me tears, that keep involuntarily coming. I climb the stairs, and push through the large wooden door, keeping me from my family.

"Renesmee, what is wrong?"

"What's the matter? Are you okay?" They all mutter.

"Baby, what is it?"

"It's Jacob... I don't know where he went."

I attempt to pull myself together. It fails horribly. The tears come again, and this time stronger. I let out a heart breaking sob. My mother pulls me into her comforting arms, and for that moment in time, I want to stay there.

"Ness, calm down. Calm down honey." My mother soothes me. "It's okay, we will find him." My dad stalks to the sofa and places his hand on my shoulder. "We can track him all the way to the treaty border." He states moving swiftly to sit next to my Mother on the couch. "I- It's because he didn't want to hurt me." I sob into my face. "What?" My Mom whispers.

"The bond is becoming too strong, he needs to be away from me." I wipe several tears from my eyes. Confusion is spread throughout the room. "But.. What he doesn't realize-- He is hurting me more now than he would if he stayed." I cry and cry and cry until my stomach starts to rumble. "Don't track him down. Let's wait a week before we try to find him." The soft voice of Mother says. "O- Okay."

"Did he say where he would be?" Carlisle queries. I shake my head slowly. "No... He didn't say anything about where he was going." I answer my grandpa. "He barely said anything at all before he took off into the woods. I don't know anything about it." I murmur under my breath. "Do you want anything to eat honey?" Aunt Rose asks. "No." And without another word, I sprint out of the door to my house and lock the door.

I hear several knocks on the door, but after a while the knocks take a desperate turn and they stop. I know that they can blow the door over, maybe they want to give me some privacy. After what happened, I think I definitely deserve some.

The tears come and go for a while. They are there more than they're not. Everytime I try and look away and think about something else, My eyes widen in thoughts of him.