Chapter 8

(Bella, the next night)

I send Ness upstairs to go to bed after Jacob. I'd rather her not be in the cottage alone, and we all are having way too much fun catching up with the Amazons and watching Genovia transform to just go our separate ways right now. Emmett drags Rose in the direction of the stairs, and not wanting them to wake Nessie, I follow about three minutes later. I find them on the landing, eating each other, and so far not waking Ness up, so I give them their peace. Well, at least they made up. And made out. Still counts. I think.

I walk back into the living room, where Edward mouths to me 'where did Emmett and Rosalie go?' I remove my shield long enough for him to hear. They stopped fighting, and now are making out on the stairs, oh! and Ness is asleep.' I end the sentence with a smile, as Edward laughs. I sit on the floor, bringing a blanket with me since I still am in a dress, beside Zafrina who is showing Natashia her talent. "What are you showing her?" I ask quietly, in attempt not to break her focus, or startle her. "The rainforest." Is all Zafrina says. "Would you like to see?" She asks. I nod, and Remove my shield.

I am surrounded by green leafy trees, which vines crawl up. I see many bright flowers growing in the patches of sunlight that reach the bottom of the rainforest. A flock of bright colored birds fly past my face, and one lands on my shoulder. It had no weight. My brain quickly tries to process how it has no weight. Then I remember.

The living room comes back into focus, and I see Natashia look over at Zafrina in awe. "Your Renesmee is growing up quickly." Zafrina says. I sigh. "I know, she is so much bigger, and her face has completely lost it roundness from when she was a baby. I want her to be an adult, but I also want her childhood to go on forever." Zafrina nods. "I remember when she would have me show her beautiful things. She would tell me things by using her talent. How often does she use her talent? Does she even use it anymore?" I think about Zafrina's question. "She hasn't used it all that much lately, but she used it when she broke her wrist." I say glad I could give Zafrina an example that was in the last year.

"Encourage her to use her talent more, that might slow down her childhood a bit more." Zafrina says. "How would that change anything?" I ask, feeling my eyebrows bunch. "She might be more like a child, when that is all she uses to communicate. I am not sure it will work, just a thought." She says. "That is a great idea, Zafrina! Thank you." I say, and lean my head on her shoulder hesitantly, she rests her head on top of mine. For the rest of the night we all entertain ourselves with conversations. At around three in the morning we hear a bed snap from upstairs. I lift my shield long enough for Edward to hear. 'At least they left the landing, that could have ended horribly.' He falls into a fit of laughter.

The next morning Ness sprints down the stairs, and finds all the African coven, and the Amazons, then slows herself, and asks for breakfast. Ness goes awful close to Arondian, and Genovia moves from the arm of his chair to his lap in one fluid motion. Renesmee frowns, then covers it with a wide smile. She doesn't understand that Arondian has a huge instinct for human blood. Where as her family can just barely hold ourselves together when someone is bleeding. And by hold ourselves together I mean all our willpower not to drop to our knees, and drain the life out of the innocent human. I am snapped out of my thoughts when Emmett and Rosalie enter the room, with their fingers lightly laced.

"So what did you do last night?" Edward asked doing a little eyebrow dance, as he asks Emmett. Emmett punches Edward so hard in the stomach that he is shot from his chair into the other room. I would usually growl or complain, but right now, given the circumstances I just laughed. Edward walks back towards Emmett, and glares. Knowing this will go down hill I step forward, and grab Edwards arm, and tug him away from the showdown. When he looks at me confused, I lead him into the music room, and close the doors.

He looks at me, still puzzled, and I laugh once and pull his lips to mine. He quickly understands, and puts his hands on the small of my back, crushing me into him. I move my hands into his hair, and pull head back down to my height. He directs me to the piano, and leans my body up against it. His tongue traces my lips, and when I pull away to kiss down his neck and he says "Emmett and Rosalie had a turn, now we should." His breath uneven. "But." He says as I sit on the piano, turn to him, and straddle his waist. "Not here, not now." I begin to trace his spine with my finger. His breath turns to gasps. "Soon?" He asks pulling my lips from his neck to his mouth. "Very soon." I say as he pulls away and kisses me quickly on the cheek. Well that worked.

I walk from the music room, after I straighten the already flawlessly placed music sheets, and head to the cottage. I haven't changed in a couple of days, considering that I still have the slim black dress on. I walk into the monstrous closet of my cottage, and search for some jeans, a T-shirt, and a hair tie. The jeans are dark and skinny, I come up with a light red short sleeve, with yellow writing that says 'Forks at it's finest' Alice frowns upon the shirt, but can't disagree on what it says. Vampires are pretty flawless. I eventually give up on the hunt for that hair tie in my closet, and I go into Renesmee's room.

I find one soon enough, and pull together a loose bun.

My eyes wander her room, and they always end up on her memory board. She is quite the artist, and her memory is almost photographic. I see a rough sketch of me as a human right after her birth. She has a detailedly colored picture of me the first time she saw me as a vampire. I am vibrant and colorful, and everything else in the picture is shaded gray. One is of Edward, with his arms out stretched, like he is reaching through the picture to you. One is an upclose of Rosalie's face, her blonde curls hanging down at Ness. My favorite is all of the family including Jacob, standing with arms around each other. The one that I always seem to look at the longest is the full out drawing of our formation, about to face the Volturi, my face cold as a sheet of ice, and all our witnesses facial expressions the same. Another is of Jasper, Emmett, Edward, and Carlisle arms around each other, smiling at Esme, and all the other girls holding the camera. The most recent drawing is of Alice, smiling at Nessie, but Alice is in the sunlight, so her skin is sparkling, just like her smile. Then there is a rough draft of Jacob on her desk. His devilish grin is spot on, and the hair really needs to be cut, but otherwise she caught his friendly, loving glow perfectly.

"Mom!" I hear Ness gasp. I turn around and see her sprint to her desk, to cover her drawing of Jacob. "Baby, they are beautiful." I breath, still looking at the drawing of Jacob. "Really? I mean thanks, I want to add the Denali coven, along with the Amazons, and The African coven." She says hurriedly trying to hide the surprise over my comment about Jacob's portrait. "Baby, you don't have to add every person you know to the board, remember we will be her forever." I say to her as she gets started on Genovia's Kinky hair. "I know, but knowing that you all are here to protect me, and love me is always reassuring." She says. I sigh. "Okay what can I do to help." I say pulling out the opposite chair. Every once and a while I will say something like: "Carmen's eyes are a little bigger." Or maybe: "Garrett's hair is more wild." And Tanya's hair almost defeated poor Nessie, but she drew them out, colored them in, and hung them up. "You forgot Carmen, baby." I say as I look for the kind faced Denali coven girl. "I would never forget Carmen, I just have special plans for her and Zafrina." she says and sits back down.

She works for an hour non-stop, and her final product is two perfect portraits of the two of them. She hangs them on her walls. "Why just those two?" I ask her. "Because Carmen was the first to believe that I was harmless, and to trust me out of all the witnesses. Zafrina has always been my friend, helping me, and been there, even when she physically isn't." Renesmee said. I steal a quick glance at the clock and see that is is past four. "Baby did you have lunch?" I ask a little frantic. She doesn't respond. "Baby, did you eat!?" I ask beyond frantic.

"I got distracted! Besides Momma, I want to hunt."