chapter 40- "Don't use the J word!"

kenzie's p.o.v

"What happened with Ross and Rachel was different! Ross loved her all along. He chose her over Julie because he knew he belonged with Rachel." I moaned.

"Okay Kenzie stop this. I can't see you do this to yourself anymore. You're a mess!" Brynn said, grabbing the spoon and Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey ice cream out of my hand.

I frowned at her.
Yeah I know I was kind of a mess.
My eyes were red and puffy, I was having a bad hair day, I hadn't let even an ounce of sunlight enter my room in fear of having to open my window and face Johnny's room directly.
I had been in the same Lilo and Stitch pajamas for three days and I know I was no Victoria's Secret model or anything but she didn't have to be mean about it.

"Excuse me?" I narrowed my eyes at her,"I mean I know this isn't an ideal situation but-"

"Ideal situation? You've literally been in your room binging friends for three days and have been living on nothing except Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Sweetie you're a mess!" She exclaimed.

"Well I've just been relaxing a bit Brynn jeez. Fall break just started and we don't have to give our SATS for like four more months." I said in an injured tone and Brynn rolled her eyes.

"That's it. You and I are going shopping. You need an outfit for the football game tonight."

My eyes widened.
"The...the game is tonight? I stuttered and she nodded.

"No way am I going for that." I said shaking my head repeatedly and she groaned.
"Come on kenzie, you've been in this room for seventy two hours straight. You need some fresh air and besides, I'm sure Johnny'll feel awful if you don't show up for his game. You should be there to support him!'' Brynn tried to reason with me and as soon as she mentioned his name I flinched.

I glared at her,"what did I say about using the 'J' word?"
"Ugh! Kenz you can't go on like this. I'm calling the girls right now for backup and we're all going out."

I finally agreed, defeated once and for all.

The girls had been trying to get me out of the house but failed miserably for the last two days.

"Honey before we do anything else you really need to hit the showers." Brynn said, tossing me a white butterfly crop top, with blue jeans and my Doc Martins.

I groaned, getting up from the comforts of my bed and moved sluggishly towards the bathroom.

I turned the shower on and let the cool water run down my body.

The reason I haven't allowed anyone to even say his name was because it just hurt to much.

He meant everything to me, but I had seen where I lay in his priority list. He chose her over me.

No wonder my heart's broken and in just want to stay in my room till I am eighty years old.

There's a little wretched part of me that wishes he would just figure out what he wants already. He admitted that he liked me, something that made me the happiest I've ever been, but then took that all away in a second by saying he couldn't do that to Nadia.
I don't get why he dated her in the first place when he apparently liked me?!

the same reason you dated Jacob when you liked him.
You needed to get over him cause you thought it would never happen.
A little voice at the back of my mind pointed out.

I groaned, reaching towards the shampoo as I rubbed it against me hair and gently coaxed my scalp, upset about John and Nadia.

They'll be together now as if nothing went wrong and she'll be his cute perfect little cheerleader for the game today and I would have to watch.

-

Annie, Ruby and Lauren were waiting for us in Annie's car
parked outside my house.
While making our way down the steps we bumped into my mom, who was carrying cucumbers and her own face mask recipe for a facial. When she saw me her eyes lit up.

Maddie told her a shorter, less detailed version of what happened with me and John and she came into my room last night and attempted to comfort me and offered to go for a 'mother-daughter's day out' which I gently declined.

"I'm so happy to see you out of your room honey, and you're looking so gorgeous." She squealed.

"Um thanks mom. I'm going shopping with the girls." I mumbled.
"I'm keeping her out till a little late tonight Mellisa. We're going for John-" Brynn started and I coughed loudly to remind her of the 'no Johnny' policy.

She rolled her eyes at me,"How are you going to sit through his football game if you can't even hear his name out loud?"

"Exactly why I shouldn't go." I said giving her a bright smile.

My mom shook her head at me disapprovingly,
"Kenzie I know you and Johnny have been having some issues lately but there was a time when he meant a whole lot to you and I'm afraid that wasn't a very long time ago. Besides, Mer and Dale are worried he's been tiring himself out too much. He's really determined to get that scholarship and extra credit into Yale you know, and all he's been doing is playing football. You have to be in the stands to support him."

I sighed,"Fine."

My mom smiled gently.

"Have a good time girls." She said, giving me a kiss on my forehead and blowing Brynn a kiss.

"One point to mommy mel!" Brynn commented and I rolled my eyes.

-

"ARE WE FRIENDS OR ARE WE MOOORE? BUT AS IM WALKING TOWARDS THE DOOOR, IM NOT SUUURE." Brynn sang to Change my mind by one direction at the top of her lungs, sitting next to Annie who was driving.

I was at the back squished between Ruby and Lauren.

"Kenz how are you holding up?" Ruby asked softly, rubbing my leg.

Lauren had informed me that Johnny's shutting everyone out and every time someone mentions me he storms out of the room or ignores the question completely.

How was I holding up?
Do I mention the ice cream on the sheets, disney pyjamas and seventy two hours binging friends to escape reality?

I shrugged and Ruby spoke up angrily.
"You should see that cocky snake flaunting around the house as if she won a prize! She's absolutely elated things have gone this way!" Ruby growled.

Lauren leaned over to look at Ruby,"what cocky snake?"

"Nadia of course!" Ruby huffed.

"Johnny told her?!" Annie said, her voice full of surprise.

I felt numbness take over my body. Of course he told her.
I can just about imagine her reaction to being told that he chose her. He chose her instead of me and it hurt so much. I wrapped my arms around my stomach tightly, as if I was trying to hold myself together.

"I just never expected him to choose her over me." The words escaped me.

There was an uncomfortable silence and I know the girls agreed with me.
No one was expecting Nadia to be his first priority.

a lot of u guys want a sequel so give me some ideas or something pls and I'll consider it.
I've also been thinking about a new book but idk comment what you guys want!!

~annie