chapter 28- The Party

kenzie's p.o.v

We reached the party an hour ago and I can safely say that it's absolutely wild.

I lost Maisy a little while ago  when she went to flirt with the girl helping out at the bar, Lauren was with Ruby on the dance floor completely drunk and I have absolutely no idea where Johnny and the boys were.

I was currently sitting with Asher and Annie, on a couch in the living room. Brynn disappeared half an hour ago, when she and Joey Birlem went to his room upstairs to do things that I really don't want to get into the details of.

I think it's safe to say that we were the only ones at this party who weren't completely wasted.

I continued talking to Asher and he seemed like a really sweet guy.
You could tell he was head over heels for Annie.
I don't think she noticed, but he would look at her sometimes when she wasn't aware, smiling away to himself at her cuteness or just checking to see if she was having a good time or not.

They're so cute.
I can't wait to see Hayden's reaction though.
John's team Hayden but I'm definitely team Asher.
Annie deserves someone who can appreciate her at all times, no matter what.

Suddenly I felt a poke on my back and I turned to see a very drunk Maisy.
"Maquenzie you were supposed to make me meet.. your..your boyfriend." She hiccuped.

"Mais how much did you drink?" I said disapprovingly.
She shrugged,"very *hiccup* little. the bartender was a cutie and she kept offering me more tequila *hiccup*." She smiled dazedly and then looked serious,"Maquenzie  it's time for me to meet Jacob, I need to do a strict comparison to Juanny so I can see who's better for my girl."

I rolled my eyes,"ugh fine, but first I'm taking you to the kitchen to get a glass of water. God knows what you'll say to him when you're this wasted."
She shook her head slightly getting up and grabbing my hand,"this gon be fun right mackannie?"

I made a face,"You could really do with some water. Come along." I pulled her towards the kitchen,"see you guys in a bit." I said turning towards Annie and Asher.

Annie gave me a slight wave and then turned head to to talk to Asher.

Sophia's kitchen was at the other end of the house and Maisy and I had to literally shove our way through the crowd. Tati and Sophia invited our entire school!

We reached the kitchen and there was a couple making out near the counter.

Maisy giggled pointing towards the couple but I barely gave them a second glance as I pulled a glass out of one of the shelves pouring Maisy a glass of water.

Maisy put the glass toward her mouth and took a sip and then suddenly her eyes widened and she spat the water out.
All over my top.

"Maisy! What's wrong with you?" I grumbled, running my hands over my soaked top.

"IT'S THAT JACOB BROWN GUY I STALKED ON INSTA! YOUR BOYFRIEND!!" She shrieked pointing at the couple and I turned around confused, to see Jacob with his arms around Lily Chee.

At Maisy's sudden outburst he turned towards us and when his eyes fell on me his mouth dropped open with shock.
"M..Mackenzie?"

My eyes furrowed in confusion and I felt my heart drop .
It felt like a slap on my face.

"Why would you....?" I stopped midway, shaking my head in a bemused manner. I opened my mouth and then shut it again, not quite knowing what to say.

He got up, putting Lily down and eyeing me warily.