What a Lucky Day

Chapter 7

After the interview in Thompson Company where Martin's close friend Sophia Thompson who partially owned the business, as her father requested it to.

Flashback...

"You know I'm so thankful that Martin called me earlier that he already have an assistant for me." Smiling at me, like I solved the biggest problem in her luxurious life.

"Don't misunderstood me, I will not gonna put you into slavery" Checking her tainted cute nails.

Casey returned the favor towards her new boss with her big smile. Who keeps turning around her swivel chair, I wonder how old is she.

"Maam" But interrupted with Sofia's high held palm.

"Am I too old?" Gosh before she could hire me, I'm already fired.

"N..no..no" Casey finding some word with her puzzled face.

'You should definitely see your shocked face" And laughing again like a silly kid.

"I mean is you're too young for this job, and sorry, sorry to say this but you acting like one" Clutching her bag in her lap, almost nervous.

"I know right, I'm too pretty for this. And besides my dearest father wants me to work here, even I refused a thousand times.I want to be a model you know, but after holding this company, I thought to myself why give it a try, but I'm also a freelance model." Waving her hands in the entire office, and posed like a model eventhough she is.

"You know Casey, call me Sophia or Sophie or whatever you want. Cuz right now I feel like you're my other half. Like my destiny" Laughing out loud, and when she's aware of what she was doing, she covers her mouth and giggle instead.

"Uhm, sorry...uhm" Fidgeted in her chair, like bug caught her butt.

"What? did I made you uncomfortable?" Sophia stood in her chair, and walk around the desk towards Casey, folding her arms in her chest.

"No..no. I mean you are nice as a future boss and I'm really thankful that Martin insisted this eventhough It's kinda bit awkward, It's an easy access for me, you know what I mean?'

"I know right, but I'm not your future boss"

My shoulder fell downward with her sudden words.

"I thought-" I looked painstricken.

"You think I will be your boss?" Sophia held Casey's gaze.

Casey just content in nodding, heads down not looking to Sophia. I'm totally hopeless.

Sophia walked towards Casey, placing her hand on Casey's shoulder and whisper something in her ear.

"I will definitely be your NEW BOSS" emphasising the last two words, so that Casey will gonna hear it clearly.

Casey snapped in her sullen mode to Sophia and flashed her wide smile.

"Oh my, so I'm HIRED?" Stood in her sudden euphoric situation.

"Yes and welcome to my company" Beaming a smile at me.

End...

After that interview, I mean we're more on conversating. It's like we've been girlfriends for a long time ago, which I didn't have except Martin, which is my good confidante. And looking at him while driving, he is a good looking indeed like Chase Crawford look alike.

"Hey, wipe your mouth your drooling" And looked sideways at me, in her most sexy smile.

"You wish, btw where are we going? I think I will be heading home now" Casey need to call her dad about her new job.

"uh..uh, we need to celebrate" Martin still looking on the road, and stared at me like he wants to murder me.

"okay Martin, let's celebrate just don't stared at me like that"

And he almost laugh at me but covered his mouth. After a long traffic, his car stopped in front of the building, I already saw this in a magazine, it's one of the business company in L.A. that achieved great performance when it comes to trading industry. Lots of business tycoon wants to be their partners, even other big company.

I am thinking why Martin stopped here.

"Let's go to my office first, I need to sign an important document before we leave" Martin waited me in front of the building, and here I am standing, wide-eyed and shocked.

"I..ah..you are working here?" Still in my mouth agape.

"Ah, yes?" Even Martin couldn't fathom with my sudden disbelieving look.

"You didn't say anything about this" Pointing her forefinger to the gigantic building.

"Come here" Pulling me in his side, placing his hand at the back of my waist.

"If I told you about this, would you change your mind about the job?"

"I will not even accept it" Standing so close to him, attracts a lot more onlookers.

We went our way in an elevator, and thank god it's empty. Martin pressed the button, and it motion upward. And the door opened to a spacious area with two big yellow sofa pushed against the wall,and medium sized table at the middle with a flower vase on top, to the left wing greeted by a hallway, more like home rather an office with an always boring white or gray tainted the wall.

It's a light peach, colored the intire wall along the office with frames on the side, the floor matches the wall. It's like it has a woman touch, I can't figured it out, but it's feels comfortable by just looking at it.

"That's answer your question, and besides nothings gonna change in our relationship right?" And he is so close to me, jerk.

"right, and please distance yourself, you perv"

"I know you already fell for me, you just can't admit it" And I slapped his head with my hand, not knowing we have an audience.

"ouch"

"Serves you right" Before I could launch myself for another attack, someone called Martin's name.

"Martin? Oh baby" Evelyn Sawyer, which is Martin's mother walked towards us. I actually met her once, and after seeing his son being turtored by me, I don't know what will happen now.

She kissed Martin's forehead like a 4 year old child.

"Mom stop calling me a baby, and please defend me from Casey" He stood out of my reach.

"Oh Casey, I've been waiting this day to see you. I hope my naughty son will learn his lesson, trying to pester you. Come to the office." She leads me further holding me with her milky smooth hand.

"Really mother?, she tried to kill your son. And choosing her over me. We will leave in a minute, don't dragged her away from me."

Casey looked back to where Martin is standing in a hallway, cradling his poor little head. I looked over my shoulder, when our eyes met, I poked out my tongue to him and grin.

*******************************************

A/N:

Another update, I still continue to write eventhough writers block is possessing me right now, and no loves from my work. Not disappointed but sad with it, but still thank you for the readers :(