Meet the family

Nathaniel's (POV)

"Oh my goodness Saige!!! I'm so glad to have you back in my life!!" My mom shouts as she embraces Valerie, spooking her a bit.

"Um hi." She replies and my mother looks at her concerned.

"What's wrong? Nathaniel had yet to tell us why you left, but I thought that everything was resolved considering you came back. You are back for good right?" My mom asks anxiously.

"Mom, Saige or should I say Valerie has amnesia." I say and my mom looks stunned.

----------------------

As we sat down in the living room. I first told my side of the story and then Valerie continued and told my mom what's happened to her these four years.

"So, I found my birth family, and I've moved in with them."

"So what I'm hearing is.... I HAVE A GRANDSON! Where is he?!!! Why isn't he with you?!!!!! Why are you hiding him from me?!!!" My mom shouts, the last question specifically towards me.

"Because I know my mother and if I brought our son today, you might have suffocated him to death, so today we're here to let you cool down a bit before we bring him."

"You are a very rude son. I better have my grandson in my arms tomorrow." She says sternly pointing her finger at me.

"And you are a very loud mother." I say and my mother looks at me like I've offended her trying to play the victim but that whole act no longer works on me.

"Whatever, how about I make you guys some lunch. You guys must be hungry by now." She says as she gets up and heads to the kitchen.

"Hey where's dad by the way?" I ask as both of us walk behind her.

"Oh, your sister came back and they're having their own father daughter day." Once my mom is out of the room, Valerie speaks up.

"I have heard you mention your brother, but you never told me about your sister."

"As bad as it may sound, singe you never met before, I just thought about skipping her for now. I just want to jog your memory first."

"How come I never met her? We had gotten married. Didn't she come to our wedding?" She asks

"Our relationship is complicated." I answer.

"Well, she's my half sister. Her mother passed away from an illness when my sister Leah, was only ten. My dad remarried a year and Leah believed that he never loved her mom. Years passed and Alex was born and the me. It definitely took a while but she made peace with her dad and accepted her new family, but she still wanted to branch off, believing that even though she is, she wasn't a part of the family. She still hangs out with dad from time to time, but not so much with us. But we don't hate each other."

"She doesn't sound mean. How come she was not at the wedding?" Val asks

"She had a miscarriage..." I reply and Valerie gives me a sad look.

"You don't have to worry about it though. You also have a lot on our shoulders." I reply as I caress her cheek and she smiles.

-------------------

After we finish eating, I took Valerie around the house hoping to jog her memory.