welcome home

Valerie's (POV)

All the maids have been prepping none stop this week and mom was making sure everything was perfect.

I was nervous all week, but I kept myself distracted. I went to work with dad and when I wasn't working, I was spending time with my brothers.

Asher is such a sweetheart, he's been making feel so comfortable in this hectic house. Seb helped me a lot with getting settled at work, where everything is in the house and has been very supportive. Vincent felt like home to me. Just talking to him I felt happy. He was missing piece, how could I not be happy.

The only person who I had no idea about was Chris. He was really quiet. The other three told me not to worry about it because it's normal, but it felt very odd for me, especially considering that I'm living with him.

Christopher's (POV)

As I was working on my homework, I get interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Hi." Valerie says as she walks in.

"Hi." I say in my monotone voice.

"So, what are you doing?"

"Homework."

"Oh well, do you need help?" She asks

"Are you any good at math?"

"Well it's not my best subject but I can try?" She offers

"Then forget it." I say going back to my work.

"Wait, let me look at it first." She insists

"Whatever." I reply and lean back for her to let her see.

"Oh that's easy. Its 8.692." She says after just taking a glimpse at the page.

"How can you answer that so quickly?" I say as look back at my paper to check if she's right.

"This was the first thing that was taught when I took an introduction class to honours. It seemed to boring, so I dropped that class." She says and not knowing what else to do, she started walking towards the door

"Listen...... I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I might have come out a bit rude. It's just weird to have a sister and someone who's there for me that's all. I think you can guess by now that I'm not that open with anyone and no one really bugs me about it, so I don't know how to react."

"I get it. I've felt like that all my life and look where I am. I have a family now whom I've never known about and now I have four new siblings and a real mom and dad." She says. Before I could say anything more, mom shouts

"Valerie? Where are you?"

"Well that's my cue to leave. I gotta go, but you gotta do something for me." She says in a serious tone

"What is it?" I ask quizzically.

"You gotta teach me to draw like that." She says as she points to the open sketchbook on my nightstand and I chuckle.

"Sure."

"Oh, but I gotta warn you I'm very terrible." She says leaving before I got a chance to reply.

As soon as she left, I grabbed my sketchbook and started to draw.

****************************
Valerie's (POV)

"Val-- Oh perfect, you're here." My mother says as she turns towards my direction.

"You called for me?"