Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Little One," the voice in my dreams sounded delectable, desirable and delicious enough to make me moan. "We have much to achieve."

I rolled over, moaned again and refused to open my eyes. A finger stroked along my wrist in a tantalising caress. It felt so damn good.

"More." I might have mumbled my thoughts aloud.

"We do not have the time. I apologise, but I must awaken you."

The stroke on my wrist began again, until it became a sharp, jolting stab of pain. I sat up with a screech and clutched hold of my arm.

"Ouch!" I howled as I stared at my arm and rubbed at the sore spot.

"Little One, we must begin your introduction to the Realm, and we cannot waste any time." That damn, delectable voice that I prayed was only a dream spoke to me.

"You don't exist. You're just a dream." I tried to convince myself.

"I am no illusion, Little One. You promised to help me retrieve my lamp, so we must start your introduction into the Realm."

I glanced at him, and realised he had told me the truth. A groan echoed around me. It took me a moment to notice that the noise came from me. I so didn't want to face this new reality of mine. My hopes of having a nap, and pretending that I'd never met a genie called Jene had been a high priority for me. Unfortunately, it didn't seem a possibility that I could avoid the truth.

"Ugh!" I shoved a hand into my strawberry blonde hair.

"Little One, ignoring me will in no way make me disappear." Jene started talking again.

I dared a glance at him, and I had to admit that he overwhelmed me. He still had on that genie gear of his. It took me a moment to look past that broad, mostly naked chest of his.

Ever since I'd met him earlier that day, I had somehow managed to ignore that outfit. Now I couldn't. Maybe it was a way to avoid dealing with the strange reality thrust at me today.

"I can't deal with this when you're dressed like that." I waved a hand towards him.

"What bothers you with my outfit? This is our most traditional dress." He appeared offended.

"For me, you look ridiculous." I pointed to his costume.

"Little One, my dress is the least important issue we need to deal with today."

"It is to me!" I declared in a louder voice than necessary.

"Fine, will this aid you to accept me?"

I blinked and when my eyes reopened, Jene stood in front of me a changed man. He wore dark blue jeans that smoothed over his butt in the most perfect way. His collared shirt was the same colour as his eyes and barely fit against his broad chest. My mouth flopped open.

In all honesty, normal clothes only managed to emphasise his perfection. His eyes shone brighter against the blue of his shirt. I sat there admiring the handsomest man I'm sure I've ever seen in my life.

"You need to change back. It's much harder to focus on you when you look normal." I declared in a throaty voice that I had to clear.

Once I'd done ogling him, I swished my hands his way. His eyebrows raised as he considered me with an unnerving stare. When a cheeky smirk filled his face, I had to try hard not to let it affect me.

"You find me attractive, Little One." It wasn't a question. He knew, and that made me need to stifle a moan.

"That's not what this is about." I denied as I made another desperate swishing motion.