Chapter Five

Olivia's P.O.V.

I stared in shock as my father struggled to get up from my couch. I was frozen as he lumbered over to me and pulled me into a hug. I didn't breathe as his alcoholic breath filled the air. He patted my head and ruffled my hair.

"Olivia I haven't seen you in a so long!" He commented. I just stared him down. Ever since my mother dumped his sorry ass he hadn't been around. And he just waltzes into my flat like nothing has ever been changed. "You look so good, baby doll!" I pinched my cheek and took another sip of whatever liquor he was drinking. 

"What are you doing here?" I growled, my eyes narrowing. He looked sarcastically offended. 

"I can't just visit my own daughter?" He asked, his eyes wide. I looked away and tried to gather my confidence.

"No. You can't just 'visit'. How did you even get in here?! You need to leave. I have nothing to say to you." I fired off. He rested his hand on my shoulder but I pushed it off. 

"Please baby..." He said reaching out for another hug. I ducked away.

"How can you even be drunk at eleven a.m.!" I asked feeling myself get more and more comfortable spitting out replies to my father's stupidity. "You need to leave! I can still file that restraining order." I threatened. Suddenly my father's eyes turned to slits. His grip on the glass tightened. He took an angry step towards me. I started to get scared.

"You would never do that because you are too weak. Just like your pathetic mother." He told me, mumbling the last part. I gathered up every ounce of courage I had in my veins and slapped my father across the face. He grabbed it, a large red mark already forming. 

"Don't you dare call my mother pathetic." I snarled. He just turned his gaze back to me, chuckling like a insane asylum patient. 

"You're just like your whore of a mother." He retorted. That one stung. "You pathetic bitches could never survive without me, which is why your having money troubles. Which is why your mother called me for extra money because she can't support her slutty habits." Tears stung my eyes. W-we weren't having money problems...at least not that I was able to admit to myself. 

"Just leave." I said pointing to the door, staring at my feet. "Please, just leave." My father tilted my face up to look him in the eyes.

"I'll leave when I'm good and ready to leave." He said. I just stepped out of his reach. 

"GO!" I yelled. "Just please go! I don't want you here! You make me miserable! You left mum when all she did was tried to make things work! I came to London to escape you. You abuse me and mum with your harsh words. Just leave before you cause us any more pain!" I screamed. I'm sure my neighbors could hear me but that was the least of my worries.

"Fine." He finally surrendered after a long pause. "I'll go. Livie-poo please just tell me you love me." He said, his face softening. I turned away, my jaw set.

"I don't love you, dad. I don't respect you. Just please go before I call the police for breaking and entering." I said. I watched my father drunkenly stumble to the door. He opened it wide and turned around.

"I still love you. You are my daughter after all." He said. I left his gaze, feeling tears start to push themselves over my bottom lid and tumble down my cheeks. He finally exited my apartment and I angrily slammed the door behind him.

I doubled over, clutching my stomach. He makes me so sick. His horrible words, his verbal abuse. He was always something of my past I refused to deal with. Tears steamed down my face clouding my vision. I pulled my phone from my pocket and blindly texted Louis.