Part 21 - Never giving up

"Joel?" I say with soulful eyes.

He stares at me wih dead eyes. He attempts to punch my neck but I hold back his strength. I slide back to the edge after he pushes me. I kick him back and rope flies to my hand. I see Finn running towards me. I make a quick, tight lasso and jump off. I look up and attach my lasso to a rock by a cave enterance.  Finn shouts and looks over the edge, whilst I stay close to the wall and climb up so he cant see me. I manage to get to the cave. I find an old pickaxe deep into the dark cave. I dig upwards into the wall quickly and manage to get to the surface. I pop up out of the hole and then run over to Joel and Finn fighting. Finn gets a hand tightly wrapped around his neck. I run and punch Joels face. His eyes become fully white. "Get away, Jannets done something to him!" I shout. I punch him to the floor and beat him down easily. I drag him to the lake and push his head in the water. A grey fluid leaks out and I take his head out.  His eyes become normal. I can tell everything is alright. But he punches my gut. He changes from Jannets minion to Joel.

I punch him back and he yelps. He kicks me and I push him to the edge. I pin him to the floor with his head over the edge. He shouts for help. "Zadia please don't..." He pleads.

"It will never end. " I say,  helping him up, then pushing him off the edge.

I walked away slowly. I walked to the graveyard. I looked at the empty grave and carved Joels name in there.

'Joel Waters.

Died because of natural causes.'

I walked away.  But Jannet was blocking my path.