Prologue 1

Girls in photo, left to right,

Young Zadia, Alive Jannet

_________________________________________________________________________

I close me eyes and breathe in happily. Me and Jannet are the bestest of friends, going to the bestest of places!

The forest!

We've never really been allowed ut of the city before. It's just cool. We're taking a trip to the lake, my mother is taking us there. Apparently the lake holds something dearly sacred, but we're not allowed to see it. "Okay girls. Stay around the area, don't go swimming in the water, and don't go near the lab." My mother clearly dictates. We both nod our heads. She walks off happily, so she can do her work on the computer. We both wander around cluelessly. Jannet trips on a rock and falls into the water. "Yah!- Oh um.... Zadia? Jump in!" Jannet sneakily says, I splashing in the water.

"Swim underwater?" I ask, eyes narrowing.

"Let's go!"

We both swim underwater, looking around the small lake. "Hey! Look!" Jannet says, pointing to a cave enterance. We both swim inside it eagerly. As we jump down from the enterance, the short drops lands us onto a concrete floor. Another drop leads us into a moody blue area, freezing cold and blustery. We move forward, ignoring the wind. At the end of the thin pathway, an orb stands on the pedestal. It glows blue and Jannet runs up to grab it. As her skin collides with the object, she turns to ice instantly. The smile on the sculpture turns to a crying face. "JANNET!" I scream , running over to her. I press my hand on hers and then start crying on the floor. A boy with pale skin, black hair and grey clothing walks in, then hides behind the wall, his coat showing a little past the wall. He then scatters off.