Part 17 - -But not for me

I wake up in the same spot. I continue to cough into the dry blood on the grass. Oh how the pain couldn't go away.

Oh how dead I felt.

How I was defeated.

Joel POV

I walk with Finn and India to town, and dont grieve over it. I wanted to mend that mirror and get Zadia back. I dont care what Jannet says to me. She was wrong. Zadia is kind,  and I only just realised the poison Jannet gave us all. "Detected. Detected."  a robot shouted,  before chasig us and calling a swarm.  We ran all across the forest, being scratched and chased after by these robots. I wasnt prepared to die just yet.

Zadias POV

After finishing my coughing fit, I started walking. I walked with no destination. I just walked. I came across many things.  Towers, labs, villiages, watchhouses, streams. All the things I wished to see. Then, I came across the church in town. I was ready to give up. I walked away from the church,  knowing that Jannet couldnt just take my life like that.

I tried so hard to scream for help, but every time I tried, I felt I couldn't breathe. What had he done? I realised I hadn't visited home for a while. After walking a few minutes into town, I walk into my home, leap onto my bed and take a nice sleep.

After waking up, I see blood around my room. "Hello?" I ask quietly (my throat is still sore).

I hear nothing back. "Who is there?" I say.