18 | we'll be okay

18 | WE'LL BE OKAY

As the group continued to chatter about everything they saw and experienced recently together, they didn't see three new figures enter the building

As the group continued to chatter about everything they saw and experienced recently together, they didn't see three new figures enter the building. Corinna's mind was spinning in circles from all that talk of Mind Flayer, the flayed, Russians and the gate. It was only when a large stomp echoed out, from a tall figure behind them, everyone stopped to see who had joined them at the mall. It was Hopper, Joyce and some strange man Corinna didn't know, but it seemed that Jonathan and Nancy recognized him. Everyone was glad to see them, as they were the real adults that could take real action in that circumstance.

The entire group explained what they had been through to the three adults. "The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El. To kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike told Hopper.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy added, her eyes wide to reinforce the fact that the monster was a big danger.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked for further detail.

"Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan took a deep breath as he recalled the enormity of the beast.

"Yeah, it sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas whispered his apology to Hopper. Hopper gritted his teeth together, a bit bitter because of the damage done to his cabin.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this big flesh spider thing that hurt El, is some kind of gigantic weapon?" Steve knitted his brows together, indicating his confusion.

"Yes."

"But instead of like screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon with melted people...?" Steve wasn't quite believing what he was hearing, and neither was Corinna. She knew the monster could turn into a blob of slime, but, somewhere along the line no one seemed to want to clarify that it was the flayed people that it was compromised of. She worried Billy had become a victim to the beast, or if the beast spared him to emotionally attack her and Max.

"Yes. Exactly."

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce Byers spoke up, herself not quite believing a creature of that enormity could be wandering about outside without anyone seeing it.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max sighed, sadly.

"But if we close the gate again, we cut the brain off from the body. And kill it." Will noted.

"Yoo-hoo! Yoo-hoo!" The odd man that Hop and Joyce brought along, named Murray, began to shout. He had been wandering about the mall to investigate their surroundings and was waving around a couple of pieces of paper. He approached the group and showed a map he had drawn out, based off of the intel he had received from the Russian scientist Hopper and Joyce had kidnapped a while ago, who was, unfortunately, now dead. "Okay, this is what Alexei called the hub. Now the hub takes us to the vault room." Murray pointed on the paper.