10 | the help

10 | THE HELP

Julez went with Joyce and Jonathan to some mysterious location to burn the shadow monster out of Will

Julez went with Joyce and Jonathan to some mysterious location to burn the shadow monster out of Will. Hopper and Eleven went back to the lab to go close the gate. And Steve, Corinna, Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Max stayed at the Byers' home to wait until the mission was accomplished, since they would only impede on the others' missions if they were present.

Corinna watched in disgust as Dustin forced Steve to shove the dead demodog body into the Byers' fridge. "Remind me to never eat at the house until I move out or Ms. Byers gets a new fridge." She gagged.

"This is a groundbreaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." Dustin argued.

Corinna wander over to the living room, where she found Max and Lucas cleaning while Mike paced in the living room. "There's nothing we can do, Mike." Corinna told as she plopped herself on the couch.

"That's not entirely true. I mean, these demodogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away." Dustin told as he entered the living room.

"So if we get their attention..." Lucas began.

"Maybe we can draw them from the lab." Max finished his thought for him.

"And clear a path to the gate." Mike added.

Steve rushed into the living room. "Yeah and then we all die." He reminded them in a patronizing tone.

"That's one point of view." Dustin sighed.

"No, that's not a point of view man. That's a fact." Steve scoffed at him.

"I got it!" Mike rushed into the kitchen to point to the drawn maps still laid out all over the walls and floors of the Byers' house from when Will was pin pointing the location of Hopper when he was stuck in the tunnels. "This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So...," Mike rushed into the living room to point at another place on the connecting map, "here, this is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire..."

"Oh yeah? That's a no!" Steve shouted, throwing a rag over his shoulder like hard working single mother.

"The mind flayer would call away his army!" Dustin exclaimed.

"They'd all come to stop us."
"We circle back to the exit."
"By the time they realize we're gone—"
"El would be at the gate."

The kids rambled on and on. "Hey, hey, hey!" Steve clapped his hands together to gain the kids' attention. "This is not happening."

"But—" Mike began.

"No, no, no, no, no! No buts. I promise I'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on. We're staying here. On the bench! And we're waiting for the starting team to do their job! Does everybody understand that?" Steve barked.

"This isn't a stupid sports game." Mike rebutted.

"I said does everybody understand that? I need a yes. " Steve grabbed his rag from his shoulder and used it as a pointing device to emphasize his motherly anger.

Before anyone answered, a loud roar from a car erupted in the distance. Max rushed over to the window and peeked out. "It's my brother. He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max spoke quickly.

The car halted to a stop outside the house and Corinna hurried out to distract him. "Corinna, that you?" Billy shouted as he exited his car.

"Hey, Hargrove." She walked off the porch and up to his car.

"What are you doing here?" Billy queried.

Corinna dug her boot into the gravel. "I- uh, um.. I live here." She told.

"With the Byers?" He raised a brow.

"Temporarily." She added.

Billy sighed. "Look, I didn't know if I could call after the hospital. You know I was just—"

"Um, it's okay, Billy. Can we talk another time? I'll see you at school, okay?" Corinna attempted to dismiss him as she placed her hand on his chest and nudged him back toward his car.

Billy smirked and took a drag from his cigarette. "I'm actually looking for my little sister. Small, redhead, bit of a bitch?" He told.

"Doesn't ring a bell." Corinna lied through her pearly white teeth.

"Really? Now, I know you're lying because I see her right there." He pointed to the front window, where Max and her wide blue eyes was clearly visible.

"Fuck." Corinna groaned. Then, she had to improvise. She made Billy see a large gash along her stomach, where she looked like she was bleeding immensely.

"Holy shit, Corinna. You're bleeding!" Billy exclaimed. He seemed to become a little uneasy looking at the large amount of blood that looked like it was weeping from her lower shirt down to her pants.

He picked Corinna up and rushed into the house. "I need bandages now!" Billy shouted at Max as he laid Corinna down on the ground.

"Harrington?" Billy asked as he spotted Steve. As he was distracted looking at Steve, Corinna crawled over to grab a tranquilizer on the coffee that Hopper was using on Will to keep him sedated.

"Billy?" Corinna asked, gaining his attention with the syringe in hand.

Billy turned to look at Corinna. "I'm sorry for this." She closed her eyes and stabbed the needle into his neck and pushed the drug into his system.

"The hell is this?" Billy asked as his vision became blurry and dizzy. He looked down and noticed all of the blood and the gash he thought he saw Corinna had was gone.

"Where's your cut?" He asked as he began to stumble to the ground. Corinna watched him as he fell to the ground.

Corinna grabbed his face and he began chuckling hysterically. "I'm sorry. You better still pick me up tomorrow at 8 o'clock." Corinna told. Billy simply continued chuckling hysterically until he completely passed out.

Corinna turned around and saw everyone stare at her with a shocked look. Corinna shrugged and pulled his keys out of his pocket. "We've got a car." She stated, dangling the keys in front of everyone's face. Steve simply shook his head, ashamed that she was all in for the kids' plan.

* * *

The group made it to the farm where Hopper dug a hole into the systems of tunnels. Everyone suited up in goggles and face masks— which was included in the large supply box they took from the Byers' home— in order to go down in the tunnels and burn it without hurting themselves. Mike took the gasoline and lighter, then they all descended into the tunnels hastily. They hurried down to the hub and made it there with no time to spare. Quickly, they set a small fire in the hub and within seconds, hundreds of demodogs were hurrying in as a response to the threat to their hive in the tunnels. But, the group managed to scurry out of there before the demodogs even arrived, proving their mission to distract the demodogs a success.