8 | mind flayer

8 | MIND FLAYER

As the group was walking toward the direction the creatures ran off to, Steve suddenly stopped, causing the others to stop in their tracks "Hey guys

As the group was walking toward the direction the creatures ran off to, Steve suddenly stopped, causing the others to stop in their tracks "Hey guys." Steve caught everyone's attention as he quieted himself to listen off in the distance. The familiar screeches from the 'demodogs' earlier could be heard from afar.

Steve then began walking toward the sound, into the forest. "No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound?" Max frantically asked as the rest of the group began to follow Steve. When no one answered, she grunted then followed to not be left alone.

The group eventually stopped at the edge of a small cliff that overlooked Hawkins, a spot Corinna never knew existed at the end of the field. "I don't see it." Dustin spoke up, squinting his eyes to take a better look.

Lucas pulled out his binoculars from his bag and looked over the town. "It's the lab. They're going back home." Lucas stated as he caught glimpses of the demodogs running.

"Isn't that where you last saw Will and Mike?" Dustin asked Corinna.

Corinna's eyes widened. "They're going to get killed." She whispered out.

* * *

The group ran across town through the woods to make it to the lab. As they neared the gate, they met with Jonathan Byers and Nancy who seemed to be there for other unknown purposes. "What are you doing here?" Nancy exclaimed.

"And why did we have to walk through the forest?" Corinna winced as she pulled out splinters from her arms and pulled out leaves from her hair.

"What are you doing here?" Steve ignored Corinna as he asked Nancy the same question.

"We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy stated.

There was silence. "They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asked uneasily.

"Please tell me they left the lab already." Corinna added.

Nancy's eyes narrowed with suspicion. "We're not sure." Nancy spoke slowly.

"Why?" Jonathan asked. Before anyone could answer the question, it was answered for them when they heard the demodog's screeches from the lab.

"They're here." Julez mumbled then ran to the fence to get a better look at the building. Within seconds, the building lit up like a Christmas tree. Every window seemed to illuminate with a bright blue light.

"The power's back." Nancy commentated, letting everyone else know that the power had been cut off.

"The gate can be unlocked now." Jonathan told as he bolted for the gate keeper's office. That was why they were standing right outside of the fence, because the power was off and they couldn't open the sealed gate. Everyone ran after him to unlock the gate, but there was no success. Every time he pressed the button there was no result. The gate must've been locked from within.