4 | you did it first

4 | YOU DID IT FIRST

The next few days went by unbearably slow

The next few days went by unbearably slow. The only thing the town seemed to be excited for was Halloween; which was only a day away. Corinna was laying on Julez' bed as she wrapped up the homework assignments she had been given when Jonathan Byers, the son of the owner of the house she was crashing in, entered the room. "I know we don't really know each other, and we've only spoken to each other once before... but, I assumed I had to ask... you know, because you sleep under this roof and all. My mom's asking if you're staying for movie night with she and Bob tonight? Because that'll be so fun!" He let his sarcasm take over his words as he leaned on the doorframe.

Corinna snickered quietly at Jonathan's remark. "Are you?" Corinna asked in return.

Jonathan scoffed. "I'd rather go trick or treating with Will than spend the night with Bob. You wanna come?" He offered, suddenly.

"Sorry, Jonathan. But, Julez already told me I have to go with her to some party. She says if I don't, it'll ruin her costume...? You should come." Corinna suggested.

Jonathan shook his head. "No thanks." He chuckled then disappeared from the doorway.

* * *

The next evening came by quicker than Corinna anticipated. She wasn't entirely excited to go to that party, as she hadn't met many of the people of Hawkins just yet. Before she could even realize it, she and Julez were in their matching costumes— an angel and a devil. And before Corinna could even think twice about the skimpy outfit Julez had squeezed her into— they were at the party.
It was a struggle to weave into the house. The whole high school Corinna and Julez attended seemed to be there. Once the pair managed to enter, Julez headed straight for a familiar face in the crowd: Steve Harrington. Corinna recognized his face as well. She knew him because she had watched Julez be housed and taken care of by him before Joyce Byers took her in. He seemed to be an asshole when Julez first met him, but he lightened up after growing closer with her.

"Steve!" Julez shouted as she greeted her buddy. A young girl stood beside him, probably his girlfriend, and she smiled at Corinna. "Nancy." She stuck out her hand.

Corinna mimicked her action and spoke out her own name. "Corinna. Nice to meet you." She introduced.

"You new here?" Nancy asked. Corinna nodded.

Julez broke her small conversation with Steve to introduce him. "Corinna, this is—" Julez began.

"Steve Harrington. I know a lot about you." Corinna interrupted her.

Steve raised a brow at her. "She was in the Upside Down. She knows about everything that went down." Julez spoke lowly to Nancy and Steve.

Nancy widened her eyes and looked at Corinna. "Is she like you?" Nancy asked Julez.