11 | how

11 | HOW

Eleven managed to successfully close the gate and Will was successfully ripped away from the mind flayer's control

Eleven managed to successfully close the gate and Will was successfully ripped away from the mind flayer's control. Hawkins Lab was officially closed up after being exposed one month later. Corrina never went on her date with Billy, although he did promise to make it up to her after he could 'figure everything out' after she had drugged him and stole his car. Julez and Corinna moved into their own place and Corinna got her own car. The two refocused on school and managed to get their documents, such as birth certificates, from Officer Hopper.

It was the night of the Winter Ball and Corinna had to volunteer to make up hours for cheerleading. She and Nancy served drinks for the entire night as they watched the kids dance together. "I'll be right back." Nancy excused herself as she walked over to go speak with Jonathan across the gym, where he was taking pictures.

Corinna sang to herself as she poured drinks for the middle schoolers. She saw another figure walk up to the drink stand and she instantly poured another drink. As she looked up to hand the drink to the next person in line, she jumped up to see the face of the boy she thought she'd never see again: Billy Hargrove.

"Billy! I didn't expect to see you." Corinna hurried to smooth out any wrinkles in her dress.

Billy shook his head and smiled down at his shoes. "You look fine." He told.

Corinna blushed and looked up at him. "Look, I can't say this enough, but I'm sorry for what I did—" Corinna began, but was interrupted by Billy pulling her across the table to place a long kiss on her lips.

"I'm sorry I didn't do that earlier." He spoke quietly as they parted their lips.

Corinna let out a sigh of relief. "You're not mad?" She asked.

"It was badass. I'll see you around, none of your business." He snickered, secretly hiding his slight weariness of her.

Corinna smirked. "I'll see you around, jerk." She chuckled. Billy spun on his heel to leave and Corinna watched him as he left.

Soon enough, Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper began playing and all the children began pairing up and dancing together. She felt as if the scene was a message for her to go after Billy, who was probably long gone by then. So, Corinna rushed outside to the parking lot and looked around. As if he were waiting for her, she spotted his parked car with him sitting there.

Her heart fluttered and she hurried over to his car and hopped in. "How'd you—" he began, wondering how she knew he was still in the parking lot hoping that she'd come after him, but she cut him off by planting her lips on his.

"Drive." She instructed. The two ended up at Corinna's new house and had some fun that they had been wanting to have with each other for so long. Their awkward tension had finally ended.