Chapter18

Chapter 18

Sesshomaru got into his car and drove around for an hour. Although Inuyasha had told him about Kagome, he just couldn't bring himself to her apartment just yet. The truth was, he was scared. Scared that he took too long to redeem himself and she would reject him. Then there was the possibility Inuyasha was wrong and she wasn't pregnant. Perhaps she grew tired of the drama that he and Inuyasha caused her and sought closure already, though it only had been a couple of weeks since he last seen her. The screen on his dashboard lit up, Koga was calling him.

"Yes?"

"Yo..." he greeted.

"What is it, Koga? Now isn't the time."

"Man, for you, it's never 'the time'." Koga cackled.

Sesshomaru stopped at a light and looked down at his leg. It was shaking. His hands were clammy against the steering wheel.

"I just called to check in and see how you're doing? Everyone's wondering when you're coming back to the office and if they're getting their money back."

"I'll send Koura the money so she can disperse it to them by the end of the month." He said.

"Alright. Why don't you come over?"

"Why?" Sesshomaru grimaced at the dashboard.

"...because I'm lonely and want to hang out?" Koga answered.

"Lonely? Call Ayame."

"But I want some bro time."

Sesshomaru cracked a partial grin. "Fine, text me the address and maybe I will show up."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to hang with Koga for a little while. It might help settle his nerves since the thought of talking to Kagome made him want to hurl in his car. Why was he so nervous suddenly at the thought of seeing her? He stepped into the lobby of Koga's apartment and took the elevator to his apartment.

"Decided to come?" Koga teased as he answered the door. Sesshomaru kept a neutral gaze and entered his apartment.

"Make yourself at home." Koga cackled as he closed the door and went to the kitchen. "Wanna ber?"

"A ber?" Sesshomaru cocked a brow as he walked towards the sofa and sat down. He noticed wires all over the place and looked around. The place was decent.

"Yeah," Koga chuckled as he held a beer bottle in his hand. " a ber."

"Oh..." Sesshomaru nodded once he noticed what he was talking about and shook his head. " No, thanks."

Koga shrugged and opened the beer bottle, guzzled it down, and wiped his mouth. " You're my first guest. Ayame still hasn't come."

"Mmm.." Sesshomaru muttered not knowing what to say.

"You should feel special." Koga smirked as he went back to glancing at the instructions to set up his soundbar and flat screen TV. He grabbed a cigarette from his chest pocket and lit it as he glanced at the instructions.

Sesshomaru felt the urge to smoke one himself and fished his pack out of his jacket pocket. "May I?" he raised the box.

"By all means.." Koga shrugged. " Doesn't it kick ass that we can smoke a thousand of these shits a day and not get cancer?" he chuckled shortly followed by a sigh.