Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A month nearly passed as they tried to fit in their plotted vendetta between their busy work schedule. Crescent Corp had been flooding with new accounts that both Kagome and Sesshomaru were working six days a week, nearly twelve hours a day, but Kagome still insisted they go on with the vendetta.
Everything had become a routine for them; they'd wake up at 6am, have espresso and breakfast together, discuss the vendetta among other random things, come home and have dinner together. They even started watching a new show on Netflix. Kagome wondered when Sesshomaru was going to move out, not that she wanted him to. She found herself hoping he stopped searching for a new place to live.

"Why haven't we done anything yet?" Kagome asked, bringing a piece of Mongolian beef into her mouth.

Sesshomaru sighed. "Our schedule has kept us from following through, but we will commence soon enough. Besides, any earlier could easily been traced back to the scorned lovers of their past. Well, one of us at least." He scoffed.

"Oh, you're so cool and aloof. Nothing bothers me, blah blah. Anyway, don't we want them to kind of know it was us?"

"Not if you want a harassment suit." he said as he forked his salad.

"I don't think Inuyasha would do that." Kagome poured herself some water from the pitcher on the table.

Sesshomaru pressed his lips together and glared at her through his lashes. "Do not put it past him. You'd be foolish to assume he wouldn't do something yet again."

"I know." she murmured.

"Why don't we recapitulate the plan."

"Ugh, Sesshomaru, how many times are we going to do this? We've been working on this for..." Kagome agitatedly fell deep in thought on the amount of time they've been planning the vendetta.

"Almost two months."

"A very stressful almost two months. I mean I wanted to do something simple, like, slash some tires or break some windows but nooooo" she stopped and looked at him. "You had to go all V for Vendetta on this." Kagome sipped on her wine and rolled her eyes when she saw the look of annoyance on his face. "Alright, recap-it-alata the plan."

"We both have Inuyasha and Kikyo's copies of their schedules. I feel, due to emotional issues, coming from your part mainly, we should assign ourselves to our siblings instead of our former significant others."

"ex's" Kagome scoffed. " Why do you make things so complicated"

"As I was saying..." he scolded her for her interruption. "You will-"

"I will disguise myself as her, go to her job and cause a big scene that will possibly suspend her or get her fired. But not before we get pictures of 'Inuyasha' with another woman and then plant them in her apartment."

"I'll get one of Inuyasha's credit cards, we'll max it out on pricey hotels, expensive jewelry and dresses. Knowing Kikyo, she will most likely read his statement and will be left to question him on the purchases."

"So, we're turning them against each other and stealing their money while we're at it?" Kagome evilly giggled.

"If you want to put it that way..." he said dabbing his mouth with a napkin. " After that, their affected fate will take its toll. Inuyasha will be in debt, the pictures that we promised the paparazzi will ban them from any invitations in the events of the near future." he slightly smirked. " His fame will plummet along with Kikyo's devotion to him."

"You are so enjoying this." Kagome teased.

Sesshomaru's smirk faded as he fixed his posture. He avoided her eyes as he cleared his throat.