Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Inuyasha and his bodyguard Bankotsu searched throughout the building of the Daily News for the reporter who published the photo of him on the front paper. The girl at the front desk told him he would be on the twentieth floor.

"What'd she say he looked like again?" Inuyasha asked, scoping the floor as they got out of the elevator.

"She said he was very skinny, pale, black framed glasses. Spikey black hair and has a twitch on his left eye?" he looked at Inuyasha who intently surveyed their surroundings with pure determination. He looked over a row of cubicles and didn't see anyone that fit the description.

"This is so fuckin' annoying." Inuyasha bowed his head and rubbed between his eyes.

"Sir, look.." the bodyguard shook his shoulder and pointed to a guy coming out of the elevator. A guy that fit the exact description. He was walking proudly, Starbucks coffee in his hand, flashing a flirty grin and a woman beside him. They made their way toward him with haste. The guy noticed and with a girly shriek, he turned around and bolted for the staircase.

"Get back here!" Inuyasha growled out as he ran after him. His bodyguard ran the other way and tackled him onto the ground.

"Don't hit me..." the reporter cried. " I didn't do anything"

"Then why run?" Inuyasha picked him up by the collar and brought him into an empty room. Everyone on the floor went back to their work and minded their business. " So, Hae-gi, got your bucks worth on that article about me?" Inuyasha gritted his teeth.

" Um...no?" Hae-gi said, and his eye twitched repeatedly. Of course, he made plenty. It was the hit of the year in the celebrity world.

"Ok, Hae-gi, listen carefully. You see this man here? He is my bodyguard, Bankotsu. He's not in a very good mood today since I dragged him out early this morning to look for you. He's in the mood for blood, if you know what I mean..." Inuyasha bluffed. " I want a name..."

"I don't know what you mean." he uttered in a squeaky tone.

"Hae-gi, I'm not in a very good mood today..." Inuyasha said as Bankotsu picked up Hae-gi and swung him toward the other side of the wall. He raised a massive fist and the reporter raised his hands.

" Ok, ok! I -I don't know a name...but I can tell you where I got it..." Hae-gi mumbled quickly before Bankotsu could fling him again.

Bankotsu looked at Inuyasha and let him go once he nodded.

" F-f-follow me..." Hae-gi said leaving the room. They followed him to the cubicle where he gave Inuyasha the picture of the guy with the hat and drag queens.

"Who do you think this impersonator is?" Bankotsu looked over Inuyasha's shoulder to glance at the picture.

Inuyasha frowned at it and looked up. " I dunno..." he frowned at Hae-gi. " Where's the rest of the pictures? Any negatives?" he shoved him.

" N-n-no... that's it. That's all the girls gave me." Hae-gi stammered and looked around embarrassedly at his co-workers.

"Girls, what girls?" Inuyasha asked and exchanged glances with Bankotsu.

Hae-gi grabbed a piece of paper with shaky hands and scribbled down the place.

A half an hour later, Inuyasha and Bankotsu showed up at the pharmacy Hae-gi told them about. They entered the photo department where they were greeted by two girls.

"Oh-my-god..." Kani muttered. " Tika..." she squealed.

"What?" Tika sighed as she blew a bubble on her gum and turned around. " Oh-my-god.."