Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Koga drummed the back of Sesshomaru's seat and danced his goofy dance to the music playing on the radio. He was rather perky this morning, very unlike him since he was not a morning person.

"Man, it's so quiet in here, do you guys ever talk?" Koga spat as wedged himself between their seats, turning his head and forth between them. He reached his hand out to lower the volume and sighed. "Hey, you know, maybe we should all go out after work, do something...we're young for shit's sake, let's do some young people things. We all just go to work and home, it's sad..." Koga said realizing he was speaking to himself. He rested his palm on both their shoulders. " There's this lounge not too far from the job, we can go after work."

Kagome and Sesshomaru's eyes widened in unison, unaware to each other's reactions.

"I have some business matters to take care of." Sesshomaru said as he slowed down behind the car in front of them.

"Me too." Kagome added. They turned to each other and wondered what the other had to do and then looked away.

"Man, you guys suck!" Koga sat back against his chair and crossed his arms. " No one wants to hang out. Hey, you know Sango's not talking to me now, right?"

"Really, why?" Kagome turned to look at him.

" Ah, she's mad because I knew about you guys and didn't tell her about it. Then we got into some argument last night."

"Shit..." Kagome mumbled.

"In some way, she does have a right to be mad, ya know?" Koga sighed.

Sesshomaru frowned over his shoulder at him.

" Well, hear me out, don't shoot me the death look." Koga waved his hands and covered his face. "Kagome used to tell her everything and in some way, she was lying to her, that part she has a right to be mad but I don't know what's her deal between you two, she just doesn't like the idea..." he shrugged.

Kagome bowed her head and snuck a look at Sesshomaru from her side. He kept his gaze straightforward and had such a poker face. She had no idea what he was thinking about. What was he going to say before in the kitchen?

Sesshomaru tightened his jaw in frustration as he felt Kagome stare at him. He knew what she was thinking, he was thinking it too.

They had almost gotten the ambiguity of their relationship clarified but instead, it was stalled and had gotten nowhere. How would the subject rise again? It was more of a spur of the moment. Where was she going after work anyway? Out of the time he has lived with her, she really didn't go out to do anything. Never hung out, never shopped. It was always work and home. Soon, it would be school, work and then home but until they confirmed whether or not they had a relationship, he really didn't have the right to ask her. Minutes later, traffic cleared enough for them to drive with no halt, they made it to work before nine.

"Yes, so we have time to get something to eat, right?"

" Yeah..."Kagome undid her seatbelt as Sesshomaru parked. " I'm kind of hungry too.."

"Mc'Griddles?" Koga smirked.

"Sure..." she chuckled and looked at Sesshomaru. " Coming with us?"

"No..." he said. " I'll meet you upstairs." he pulled the keys out of the ignition and turned over to reach for his folders.

" Ok..." Kagome muttered and turned to exit the car. She closed the door and she and Koga made their way across the street for breakfast.

" Hey, is somethin' wrong?" Koga grabbed Kagome's shoulder as they walked. " Did you guys get into a fight?"