Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at the ceiling as he mulled through his thoughts. It was almost 6am, and though he should get up to shower, he could not necessarily pull himself out of bed just yet. He needed coffee, tossing and turning all night resulted in the worst sleep he has ever had. Finally, mentally urging himself out of bed, he made his way to the bathroom. He continued to dissect the factors on what troubled him that he hadn't noticed he walked in on Kagome in the bathroom. Her scream slapped him out of his daze as she fought to cover her naked body with a towel.

"Don't you know how to knock!" she yelled.

"I apologize..." he said still staring at the top of her breast bulging over the rim of her towel. "I am used to having my own bathroom."

"Oh my god...get out!" she growled, noticing he wasn't moving or looking away.

"You can lower your voice, You act is if I intended to look at you. There is nothing captivating, I assure you." he scowled and closed the door. Though, his body didn't quite agree as he felt an erection forming inside his pants. He swiftly went to the kitchen to make himself an espresso, hoping the burst of energy would extract the exhaustion causing his body to act in such a way.

Kagome scoffed as she stormed out of the bathroom toward her room. She dropped the towel onto the floor after closing the door. Grabbing a white laced bra and matching underwear, she changed into it and pulled a white camisole over her chest as she walked back out toward the kitchen. Nothing captivating? Whatever, like I care what he thinks.

Sesshomaru was drinking his espresso, in a daze when his thoughts were interrupted by Kagome entering in underwear. He was so shocked that he couldn't look away. Finally, after much struggle, he cleared his throat and looked down at his cup.

"Did you forget the rest of your clothes?" he said, forcefully.

"Nope." she uttered indifferently. "You've basically seen me naked, so I no longer have anything to hide."

"Please go change." He said, keeping his eyes locked downward.

"What, is my un-captivating body grossing you out?"

"This crude habit of yours may be acceptable in other mixed company, however, it's inappropriate. I am your employer."

"Please don't lecture me on what's appropriate. You're my employer who lives with me, I'm sure others would see that as inappropriate as well."

Sesshomaru didn't want to argue. It wasn't that he minded, if he were to be honest. But he was a man, after all, and a sexually deprived one for that matter. He did not trust that his body wouldn't betray him if he so much as looked at her again. He took another sip of his espresso, lit a cigarette and speculated questions plaguing his mind to distract him, such as, why did Inuyasha move back to the mansion? Why had Kikyo pleaded for his forgiveness after two months? Kagome made herself a bowl of cereal and he caught himself staring at her plump backside. He swallowed, what felt like a rock, and puffed on his cigarette for composure. Kagome sensed his discomfort, rolled her eyes and left the kitchen to grab an oversized sweater. When she got back, she sat beside him with her bowl of cereal.

"Can I ask you a question?" she asked.

He nodded, relieved that she put something on to cover herself. His muscles relaxed and he walked over to the espresso machine to make two more.

"Why do we have to get up so early? I mean, you're the boss, can't we go in later?"

"Are you having second thoughts about the job?" he walked back over to the table and set an espresso in front of her.