Chapter 6

Inuyasha plucked the E string on his guitar perpetually as he doze off into his thoughts. Trying to conglomerate the random words in his mind to form just a mere sentence. Another hit song was what he needed to stay on top.

"Inuyasha?" he heard yet he couldn't acknowledge. His attention was on the words in his mind. He began to hum as he strummed the chords to his custom-made Gibson guitar. Red oak neck, Mahogany colored frame with pieces of a rare jewel imported from one of the islands surrounding Japan embedded into the head. The jewel alone was costly. Due to his hit single, he was able to get one shard of it, and had it cut into tiny pieces. One of those pieces went to the engagement ring that was on his Kikyo's finger.

"Inuyasha!" the voice came louder.

Inuyasha growled to himself and snapped to his side toward the direction of the voice. "What, damnit?"

Kikyo gasped to herself and frowned. " I was calling your name for the longest now...you keep strumming your stupid guitar and ignoring me!"

"Damn it, Kikyo. I am trying to work on a song here, ok?" Inuyasha set his guitar on its stand and rubbed his face. He stood up and walked over to the window.

"Well, excuse me, I'm sorry I want your attention. I mean, I'm only your fiancée'!" she cried as she raised her left hand showing the ring.

"So, you keep reminding me..." Inuyasha muttered.

"What did you say?" she came closer to him.

"Nothing. Look, I need to work on my music, ok?" he opened the window to breathe in fresh air.

"Ugh, all you care about is your music! What about what I want, huh? You don't take me out anymore! We always stay home!"

"Keep it down." Inuyasha scowled at her. "My dad will hear you."

" Of course, your father." Kikyo snorted. " I mean, it's going on four months now, Inuyasha and we still live with your father?"

" Look, my single ain't selling like it used to, I gotta make a better song! You don't want to live in a regular apartment and to buy a mansion costs money...so would you sto-"

Kikyo interrupted with another chuckle. " Unbelievable..." she shook her head. "You and your stupid music."

"My stupid music?" Inuyasha pointed to his chest feeling the hurt of her insult. " My stupid music is what paid for your trip to Hawaii, the engagement ring with a rare jewel, your meals at that 4-star restaurant you like to eat at, your hair, your nails, your car! Want me to keep going on!" Inuyasha was inches from her face. He had wanted to strike her but of course, he was raised better than that. The anger though was unbearable. Truth be told, ever since he had been with Kikyo, he couldn't write another song. He'd tried but he had thought it all to be garbage. He should have just stayed broken up with Kikyo and tried to get Kagome back. Kagome. When he was with her, songs just poured out of him naturally. He shook his mind off of her and turned away from Kikyo. The sight of her made him angrier.

"How dare you throw it into my face like I'm some gold digger! Your brother never complained! He's not living at home with his father."

"That's it, you tell me now!" Inuyasha lunged toward her and grabbed her wrist. " You still have feelings for him, don't you?"

" No..." Kikyo cringed. " I don't..."

Inuyasha dropped her wrist and walked toward the bed.

"I'm sorry..." Kikyo smirked. "I was angry...I was just saying whatever to get you mad...you know I love you, right?" she walked over to him and hugged him from behind. She rubbed her hands on his chest and turned him around. She pouted and looked up at him and kissed his hands.