Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sesshomaru's eyes fluttered open and he immediately squinted at the sunlight leaking through the sheer curtains of his bedroom window. He blinked a few times, allowing his eyes to accept the brightness of the room. Images of last night came flooding quickly into his mind as he fully emerged from his subconscious state. He bit the side of his lips still feeling her warm lips on his. His eyes rolled to the side seeing Kagome's wavy hair draped across his arm that wrapped around her naked breasts. Gazing down, Kagome's body curved into his and he realized they were spooning. Oh my god, he has spooned, this was a new thing for him. He pondered whether to remove his arm but if he woke her up in the process, there would possibly be questions he wasn't prepared to answer yet. He dug his nose deep into the back of her hair, taking in the berry scent of her shampoo. The aroma combined with her natural scent sedated him better than any Valium he'd ever taken, and it also stirred up his arousal. He could feel her come to as her hips pulled back into his groin as she stretched her torso out. Feeling an aching erection coming on, he pulled away so she wouldn't feel him prodding her backside, though, an exceptionally large part of him wished to entertain a round two.

Kagome opened her eyes, her lips curling into a smile then switched to a frown when she looked around the room. She was in Sesshomaru's room. So then, last night was real? She glanced down at his muscular arm clutching her breasts and a cheesy grin formed on her face. She wanted to look back and see if it were real but was afraid to look at him. It was so surreal. Her and Sesshomaru? She wanted to scream in her mind. The events from last night made her blush and it surprised her how amazing it was. Never did she imagine he'd be so...good. He just knew where to touch her, how to kiss her and he was so determined on satisfying her before himself. He had always appeared stiff with a devoid of any type of affection but last night, last night proved otherwise.

Sesshomaru didn't know what to say. He could sense she was awake, what now? Was he to remove his arms from her breasts? Did she want that? Or did she want them kept there?

Kagome glanced at the clock without moving her head. It was 10am in the morning. That is late for Sesshomaru to wake up, she was surprised he wasn't throwing a fit but what was he to say exactly anyway? 'Damn it, why did we have crazy sex so late, now I overslept!', Kagome thought. She tried to refrain from laughing not wanting to ruin the moment of him being close to her. As if they both thought, once separated, they will never be this close again, or so they feared.

At that moment, Kagome's cellphone blared from the living room. Sesshomaru's phone pinged several times. The two could no longer pretend to revel in the effects from last night's profound love making. Slowly but mutually, they parted from each other.

"Oh my god..." Kagome murmured to herself as she wrapped a blanket around her body and got up. She turned to Sesshomaru who had a blanket around his waist and observed his abs as he searched for his phone inside his dress pants. The sheet around his waist slid down showing his V shaped muscles and she stopped breathing for a moment. He looked up and their gazes locked for a short while. A small grin formed at the edge of his lips and she blushed as she gnawed the bottom of her lip and sauntered out of his room to search for her purse. The phone continued to ring, and she rushed over to the side of the door and picked up her purse from the floor. Yanking the phone out of the purse, she answered it with a short breath.

"Hello?" she said, glancing at the unknown number before flipping her phone open.

"Kagome..." said a familiar voice.

Inuyasha, she thought, then looked over toward Sesshomaru's room. He was immersed in work emails.

"Um...yes?"