Change Your Mind

"Listen, since you're hanging with me now, you gotta behave yourself. Don't be a smart mouth and don't be asking questions. And definitely don't hit me across the head." He warned before walking away. I furrowed eyebrows and shortly followed behind him. He went into the playground and walked behind the Science building.

I saw the rest of the boys in a corner smoking and laughing with one another.

"Does anyone know you do this?" I whispered to him as I tried to catch up with him.

"What the fuck did I say about the questions?" He stopped in his tracks and glared at me. I looked away and weakly smiled.

"Yo." He spoke to his friends and dapped them all.

"What she doing here? She you're new girl?" The light skinned one joked and they all laughed.

"No. This is how I know you niggas don't listen. I either hang with her or get suspended. So this what I got." He explained and shrugged.

"I'd rather get suspended. No school for a week. Just chilling. That's the life. Like a free holiday." Brandon said as he blew out a cloud of smoke.

"*Actually, you have to go to these secret lessons."I butted in. They all looked at me funny and rolled their eyes.

"She's already irking my soul man..." Said one other random. I seriously need to know their names.

"I'm not here for you though. So let your soul get irked. Just bothering yourself. Not me." I shrugged. He smacked his lips and waved his hand at me. I heard Brandon laugh and I raised my eyebrow.

"Nigga what you laughing at?" The boy questioned him.

"She played you man." He said and laughed even more. I smiled and laughed a bit. It felt good to make him look stupid.

"Whatever. I'm just letting her go easy cuz she a female you know..." He explained.

"Clearly your friend over here didn't get the memo since he swung his head at me." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"Stop fucking talking about it." He barked at me.

"Why? You didn't even apologize!" I yelled. His friends started to quietly laugh.

"Why should I? You put your hands on me!" He yelled back.

"So?! Your mum puts her hands on you but do you hit her back? No!" I argued and stepped closer to him.

"That's different! She's my moms! You some girl at my school!" I scoffed and laughed at his stupidity.

"They like a married couple. " One of them whispered and laughed. I glared at him with rage.

"What?" I snapped.

"Nothing girl." The light skinned one replied with a smirk on his face.

"You know what, I can't do this. I want your fat ass to get suspended. Only been here for like 20 minutes and I'm already getting a headache. Minus the one you already gave me when you wanted to play 'Let's See Who's Head's Stronger'!" I yelled and leaned against the concrete wall.

"Here she fucking go....always playing the victim. Hit me cuz I called you a bitch? Well listen BITCH, you better get over it you bitter ass BITCH, is that understood, BITCH?!" He shouted at me as he was in my face.

I was going to kill him in 3...2...-

"Chill! Yall taking this shit too seriously. Girl you come with me. You seriously tripping." Brandon said to me and held my arm. I followed him out the hut and into the main playground.

We sat opposite one another on the wooden benches.

"You are one crazy S.O.B." He laughed and sighed. I weakly smiled and chuckled.

"I don't like it when people call me out of my name. My momma told me to never let anyone get away with it." I said angrily. He nodded as he starting playing on his phone.

"Not even if they say 'YASS BITCH YASS'" He said playfully and I laughed.

"That's okay I guess. But lately its never that." I said sadly and quietly.

"iPhone 5?" I asked him. He nodded.

"5s in fact. Phone sexy aint it...?" He grinned excitedly and played around with his phone.

"I've been asking my mum for one for the longest and she keeps saying 'next month' its been 6 months and she still saying the same shit." I said irritatedly and rolled my eyes.

"Its not nice always relying on your parents for things. Sometimes buy your own shit. Now I make my own green and pay for all my stuff. Shit, sometimes I pay for my mum's stuff." He chuckled with a smirk on his face.

"So you have a job? What is it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'm a hustler. " He said proudly with a smug look on his face.

Typical.

I stayed quiet for a bit and said a small 'Oh'.

"My momma don't even care to be honest. I think she knows that I hustle cuz how I afford to buy her a Louis bag and some diamonds at the age of sixteen?" He scoffed and laughed a bit.

"What makes you think she doesn't care?" I asked confusedly.

"She got this new nigga up in my house now and I hate his fat ugly ass. I feel like the nigga beating on her tho. Whenever she say sum, he be looking at her all crazy. She aint herself anymore. I can see it." He said with sadness in his eyes.

I could tell he was uncomfortable telling me this. By they he kept fidgeting and avoiding the tears. Boys need to realise its okay to cry. It doesn't make you a pussy, it makes you a man. You're a warrior for still going on with everything going on. Let out them tears boy.

"Why don't you beat that man?" I questioned.

"I don't wanna jump to conclusions. I've never seen him beat her so I don't want issues. She has no bruises or nothing. What if she kicks me out?" He said.

"Ever heard of make up?" I leaned and said sarcastically. He looked down and started to clench his jaw.

The school bell bang which meant we had to go to our classes. None of us are in the same class so I guess I'll speak to Brandon another time.

I got up and began to gather my things. I began to walk away when I felt him tug at my arm.

"Wait, what's your name?" He asked me.

"Dominique." I smiled and walked to where I was heading.

*In England, (well my school) when you get suspended you have to go this place called Centre where you basically have lessons.

The boys need to cry part made me cringe a bit. Should I keep it in?

ALSO: Listen to W.A.Y.S. by Jhene Aiko! Its on her new album ' Souled Out ' so go cop that!

This was one looonngg chapter! I know this one had a lot of speech in it but I know the next one will be more detailed! Hope you liked it.

Comment & Vote.